826 Valencia pirate supply store

Yeah, sounds like it. The store is pretty well known in the area, particularly among pirate enthusiasts. This person could maybe be trying to drum up more business by creating a post that might prompt folks to Google the store. What she doesn't realise is that everyone here who could possibly get to that store already knows about it. It's like asking people in Southern California about that Pirates of the Caribbean ride - is it any fun?

RHJMap.jpg

Hi, I'm Cristina, this is not spam. I'm an italian Journalist, and I'm writing and article about the 826 Valencia association (a non-profit association that helps children improving their writing skills) and its store, so I'm only trying to find out some direct information.

If someone has been there and wants to help me telling his or her opinion about the associacion or the store, I would really appreciate the help. Thanks. Cristina

Yeah, sounds like it. The store is pretty well known in the area, particularly among pirate enthusiasts. This person could maybe be trying to drum up more business by creating a post that might prompt folks to Google the store. What she doesn't realise is that everyone here who could possibly get to that store already knows about it. It's like asking people in Southern California about that Pirates of the Caribbean ride - is it any fun?

Hi, I'm Cristina, this is not spam. I'm an italian Journalist, and I'm writing and article about the 826 Valencia association (a non-profit association that helps children improving their writing skills) and its store, so I'm only trying to find out some direct information.

If someone has been there and wants to help me telling his or her opinion about the associacion or the store, I would really appreciate the help. Thanks. Cristina

Which would be odd, since the store in question is quite nice - it's part of a neighborhood literacy program and the proceeds from the store fund the program.

Agreed. Perhaps Spam Lite?

Google gets you there really fast.

With all due respect, I smell spam.

Hi Cristina,

Thank you for the clarification, though one posting would have sufficed.

I have friends local to me in Portland, Oregon (about 10 hours north of the store), and in New York, that consider the store a "must visit" stop whenever they travel to the San Francisco bay area. It definitely qualifies as cool.

Best regarrrds,

Quartermaster James

Edited by Quartermaster James

Hi Cristina,

Thank you for the clarification, though one posting would have sufficed.

I have friends local to me in Portland, Oregon (about 10 hours north of the store), and in New York, that consider the store a "must visit" stop whenever they travel to the San Francisco bay area. It definitely qualifies as cool.

Best regarrrds,

Quartermaster James

Hi, James, thank you for the answer. May I ask you another question? I read that you can "explore" the shop, searching for curious objects in the cupboars, and that there are things like "pirate traps" in the shop (like things that fall down from the ceiling, ecc).

Did they tell you anything about that?

Bye Cristina