What was your "best" pirate moment?

Jib

Just this weekend past, Friday. My youngest was answering to the call of Macintyer. The group singing it was "The Bildge Pumps". Any way one of the singers notice she is mimiking all the moves and singing on cue. So he tells her tomarrow when they do that song she needs to come up and sing it with them. Now they are always inviting people up to sing with so this invite givin from the mike was just as much for the crowd as it was for me sprog. She took the invite to hart as being a personal invite for her.

Come Saterday we could not get her to stop running up on stage for EVERY SONG. Now we are trying to be respectful and keep her an a bench so they can do thier set. Wich, if ye have ever meet me youngest, knows that be an imposible thing. We joke she should have been born a red head cause of her temper. With arms crossed in a huff and a look that would freeze ye dead in ye step she says "Why can't I sing with them I know all the words better than Crow and Harvey said I could sing today."(Crow being one of the group)

Bosun Red

[

Come Saterday we could not get her to stop running up on stage for EVERY SONG. Now we are trying to be respectful and keep her an a bench so they can do thier set. Wich, if ye have ever meet me youngest, knows that be an imposible thing. We joke she should have been born a red head cause of her temper. With arms crossed in a huff and a look that would freeze ye dead in ye step she says "Why can't I sing with them I know all the words better than Crow and Harvey said I could sing today."(Crow being one of the group)

Now THAT is a Pirate moment to live up to! :blink: (I sense another entertainer on the horizon...)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Heh. We picked up a "backup singer" when we did a weekend gig at the Queen Bess and the Pyrates Faire - three sets a day. A young lad named Adam (who was about five) attached himself to us and came up on stage for every performance; he quickly picked up the words and sang and danced on the stage. At one point, a bunch of other kids came up on stage as well and were jumping and dancing around like mad.

On the afternoon of the second day, Adam's father thanked us profusely for allowing him to sing with us. At that point, he hadn't yet heard Adam singing his new favourite song - The Old Black Rum. As in "The old black rum has a hold on me like a dog wrapped 'round my leg..."

RHJMap.jpg

On the afternoon of the second day, Adam's father thanked us profusely for allowing him to sing with us. At that point, he hadn't yet heard Adam singing his new favourite song - The Old Black Rum. As in "The old black rum has a hold on me like a dog wrapped 'round my leg..."

ROTFLMAO!!! All bands have those moments I think...

When we did the SnowBall Experss for the USO, a party for the Children who have lost a parent in the war.... we had a little girl (about 3 I think) who started dancing. She danced and danced and danced and then started singing. She even directed us at one point. He mother finally just sat on the ground and grinned from ear to ear.

She told us later it was the first time she had heard her daughter laugh since her father was killed.

We always let the kids up on stages now if they want to come.

Music can be quite the healer and just the right thing to draw kids out!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Each year me girls give a tug to me heart string. After going to an event they are always mimiking the acts they see. Me oldest plays trombone and will be soon taking guitar lessons. Interment play and singing I think I could handel, but last year me youngest got a concusion from mimikin one of the groups "Barley Balanced". They do juggling and balancing. I'm still not sure if her sister was juggeling her or balancing her. Either way she ended up on her head falling from the hieght of her sisters shoulders, on top of a bed, sitting on a bar stool.

Bosun Red

[Either way she ended up on her head falling from the hieght of her sisters shoulders, on top of a bed, sitting on a bar stool.

Sounds like Pirate stock to me! :blink:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 2 weeks later...

another of me favorite times being a pirate.. I had been to MNRF quite a few times, but mostly as wench. I was there with a crew from SD, and got to walk the parade withe the king of the pirates, a handsome man in purple, with his jolly jolly crew! (I think Jib was with him then, also!)

doffs her hat, and salutes the crews at MNRF..

Okay you are at the Faire or doing some living history event, perhaps at a movie premire and you have an encounter that just makes your decade. After said encounter you think to yourself "Yup, that's why I dress up as a pirate!"

The moment need not be with a non-pirate or patron. It could be something you shared with friends or between fellow pirates. It could be a romantic tryst or a funny adventure. Drunk or sober tell me your tale!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg