Rare Pink/Albino Dolphin

Black Syren

Link is here-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...in-US-lake.html

pink_dolphin_1358282c.jpg

How cool is that? They say they are very rare and he has to stay below the surface more than the others in the pod but it looks like he was dyed for Easter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Wow - that is a BRIGHT pink. That poor dolphin must be so embarrassed. Not to mention the colouring is there for a reason (besides UV protection), so that they will be able to catch up to their prey unawares. (Light on the bottom for those creatures looking up, darker on the top for those creatures looking down. Sharks have the same colouring.) I wonder if the other dolphins have to help him or her catch food.

RHJMap.jpg

The article said she was normal even feeding on her own though she stayed close to the pod Im assuming for protection. I guess the reason I posted it..She is unique..I mean if we were all truly Pirates during GAoP what would we have thought to see a pink dolphin. Would that have been a fabled sea monster to us?

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

The article said she was normal even feeding on her own though she stayed close to the pod Im assuming for protection. I guess the reason I posted it..She is unique..I mean if we were all truly Pirates during GAoP what would we have thought to see a pink dolphin. Would that have been a fabled sea monster to us?

No my dear, I think it would be the start of the DTs after drinking in Port Royal for 2 weeks :blink:

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Mean? I have never run across one that was mean. However I have never swam with them either. Still I have heard many stories of how they haved saved swimmers lives and even chased away sharks at times. All the documentaries I have seen on them claim them to be super smart and mayhaps they are only mean if they do not like someone..animals are funny around some people and it stands to reason that mamals would be that way to.

Yeah, but I wonder if the pink one taste any better than the normal colored ones....... :blink:

Ooops.... I gotta grab me blunderbuss, I can hear PETA chargin' me doorway even before I hit the add reply button....... :P

No my dear, I think it would be the start of the DTs after drinking in Port Royal for 2 weeks :(

Animal

See! He's seen them too!

:P

(Oh, gosh, mine is a lame response, but that is LOLable.)

My first thought sort before I read any of the responses sort of reflects something Jill mentioned: Wouldn't a pink dolphin get sunburnt pretty easily? Water magnifies the sun and dolphins are often near the surface. Maybe that's why they are so rare. (Evolution; you know pink dolphins hate it.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Aww poor thing...

Still.. it's a great color for Spring :)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

well it did say he was rarely seen on the surface so Im assuming he would stay below more than the others. still he is a lovely shade of pepto pink! Patrick ye cannot eat him! Why he might taste.....................

:( Pink! lol

Mean? I have never run across one that was mean. However I have never swam with them either. Still I have heard many stories of how they haved saved swimmers lives and even chased away sharks at times. All the documentaries I have seen on them claim them to be super smart and mayhaps they are only mean if they do not like someone..animals are funny around some people and it stands to reason that mamals would be that way to.

Sure they are mean

Dolphins with "freakin' lasers attached to there heads" are mean and scary

dr_evil_laser.jpg

But yeah, mostly just bottle nosed Dolphins are aggressive and will kill and eat other animals even including there own kind for amusement.

Funny how this made it into the UK's stories, have seen virtually nothing here except a small blurb on TV on night about a week ago.

We had more important stories to cover.... like the woman who was on Who wants to marry a millionaire that got jilted, and then went onto Dancing with the Stars, and on alla th' tabloid covers now..... you know... the real important stuff.....

<When we were in Vegas, I had to watch Dancing with the Stars.... Carol never misses it, an she told me alla bout whats her name.... There are times when I don't miss not having a TV......>

<When we were in Vegas, I had to watch Dancing with the Stars.... Carol never misses it, an she told me alla bout whats her name.... There are times when I don't miss not having a TV......>

I almost never miss not having TV reception. Netflix and the library are all I need. Any important news stories, like those about Albino Pink Dolphins and the unearthing of a woman who had stones or something shoved in her mouth because they though she was a vampire seem to show up here. The media is at least half responsible for the recession IMO. (Media people, please shut up about it and it will go away as people stop cowering from all the news about how bad things are and how much worse they're going to get. A great deal of the state of the economy is the result of people's expectations about the future of the state of the economy.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG