New Weapons from Cold Steel

I own many Cold Steel blades. Ifinya get anything that they make you will know why they are considered the best production knife company in the world. My friends at Beckwith Blades is a dealer. Just tell them Lloyd sent ya. Links

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

I own many Cold Steel blades. Ifinya get anything that they make you will know why they are considered the best production knife company in the world. My friends at Beckwith Blades is a dealer. Just tell them Lloyd sent ya. Links

Correct sir! Very nice production pieces indeed. Never heard an unkind word about 'em. And good prices too!

Wartooth

It seems like they could make a boarding axe, easily. If they only put their minds to it......

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Cold Steel has always made some decent knives that last a long time. I hated visiting their web site, though, there's another paycheck spent already....

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Aye, Pirata: $150 for a dirk; $400 for a smallsword: I ken what ye mean!

Must be my Scottish ancestry, but to me, a few hundred dollars is a small fortune! I always think long and hard before I make me purchases. Got a nice (OK, non-functional, but who am I going to skewer?) cutlass/scabbard/baldric from Middsex for $100.

Am currently investigating a flintlock pistol purchase: slowly, verra slowly... :huh:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Capnwiliam:

It depends on what your personal mania be. If you're into swords, you're going to part with a lot of money. The last couple of decades there have been many offerings of swords from good-quality medieval replicas costing a hundred or two (we won't mention the absolute junk here) on up to fine hand-made replicas costing thousands. But smallswords have been rare at any price. Hanwei makes one at a reasonable price, but it's said to be much heavier that this Cold Steel sword. If it's of decent quality, and CS blades almost always are, $400 is a good price.

Right you are, John. Between the originals in the collection and the fighting grade pieces, and museum grade replicas, I hate to think how much I have invested in steel (don't want Gwen to realise it, either). It's as much an addiction as any drug, but it's legal!!!!

I just can't pass a good cutler or a decent weapons dealer without dropping some cash.

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Right you are, John. Between the originals in the collection and the fighting grade pieces, and museum grade replicas, I hate to think how much I have invested in steel (don't want Gwen to realise it, either). It's as much an addiction as any drug, but it's legal!!!!

I just can't pass a good cutler or a decent weapons dealer without dropping some cash.

Can't say I've been super impressed with Cold Steel's offerings, though. They always seemed too utilitarian to me. More designed for the survivalist than the historian. The smallsword is the first truly historic piece that I can remember.

Hawkyns

:ph34r:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg