I'm Harboring a Secret Desire...

Mission

Imagine how differently you can behave when you're covered with skulls and eyepatches and hooks! Well, maybe only one eyepatch. Unless you're Chrispy the blind guy.)

Aye. Running around with two patches might lead to...well...two eye patches.

:rolleyes::lol::lol: And lots of bruises!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine how differently you can behave when you're covered with skulls and eyepatches and hooks! Well, maybe only one eyepatch. Unless you're Chrispy the blind guy.)

Aye. Running around with two patches might lead to...well...two eye patches.

:rolleyes::lol::lol: And lots of bruises!

Just for that I'm going to do it! :lol:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Mission, ask Hurricane about this... he periodically dons a pair of patches when playing with the kiddies at events.....

This particular time could have been fun since were were on the wolf.... one wrong step and SPLASH!!! :rolleyes:

IMG_4858.jpg

Edited by Goddess in the Bodice

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

:lol:

However, there's no point in doing it now. Nice make-up!

(I was going to make some special ones that I could actually see through, but leave it to Hurricane to one-up that lame idea. Did he fall in?)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

:lol:

However, there's no point in doing it now. Nice make-up!

(I was going to make some special ones that I could actually see through, but leave it to Hurricane to one-up that lame idea. Did he fall in?)

Hahaha no he didn't.... Although I think we did run aground on a sandbar on that trip....hmm... wonder if that was his fault :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Yo ho! Yo ho! A pirate's life for me!

Here is the perfect get up for me at PiP. Nice and subtle and right square in my area of interest:

skeleton%20Pirate%20on%20chest%202%20.jpg%20TN45.jpg

I've just got to lose a few more pounds...and a leg. (That's mead he's holding, you know.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

I want to bring one of my leather bodices to play in this year...for certain event aspects. Ahem.

Guess I don't have to post my secret desire now......... :lol:

Hey Mission.... just do drag.... you can one-up Mad Dog and you don't even have to shave yer legs.... well unless you wear a real short skirt..... :lol:

Hey Mission.... just do drag.... you can one-up Mad Dog and you don't even have to shave yer legs.... well unless you wear a real short skirt..... :lol:

Ah, now you touch on the one area that does I cannot do garb-wise. There is no possible way I could one-up Mr. Dogge, so I must defer to those who can pull such things off with so much more aplomb.

Mission_banner5.JPG

In Key West, who would notice one more person in drag anyway? Hardly seems worth the time and effort.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

(I've changed this on the original post)You could do both. Do Hollywood for the parade or something. You can't hang out in the Mercury camp if you are Hollywood. The hide would be off limits to you while the gates are open. What sort of credibility would you have if you show off your PC medical equipment if you are in non PC garb?

Just some thoughts.

Okay ...I take it all back. Ignore these statements. I had no right to make generalities.

I thought that anyone camping with the Mercury camp was to be PC within 3 years (of their first year) and Mission has been at PiP 3 years. I was incorrect.

The Hide will be governed by whatever Captain Sterling and the Archangel decides to do.

Mission, you know I like you and enjoy your presence. I did not mean to alienate anyone.

All please forgive my blanket statements. It is PiP and key West. I am not in charge, nor do I pretend to be.

Like Shultz. I know nothing. :blink:

Edited by Silkie McDonough

And just to be perfectly clear on the Three Year Rule in the Mercury camp...

...there is no such rule. I'll explain.

We wanted to set a goal for ourselves as a pirate group. We chose the three year goal in order to set a milestone for ourselves that we might have improved kit for future events. We set this goal to encourage ourselves and others to strive for better kit over time instead of all at once, both to educate our group and others and also to save money in the hobby. The goal starts when a pirate first joins the crew. Any pirate joining us this year at PIP will be encouraged to improve their kit over the next few years from that time forward, not from three years ago until now. It is only a recommendation for people who want to shoot for the best possible kit over a comfortable period of time.

Learn and grow.

Adding as you go.

Any and all pirates are welcome in our camp anytime, assuming we're still awake. The more the merrier.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Whew go away for an event and come back to all this. Personally the goals of the Crewe of the Archangel apply only to the crew. We have never shut anyone in our camp out for any reason other than they are unsafe (such as drunks who wander into our own private tents where children and women are sleeping, or guys who are harassing the women to a point of being no longer fun, or insist on handling weapons after they have been asked not to.) We set our goals for ourselves, to the extent that we have NEVER told a newbie they could NOT come to an event because their kit is not up to par just yet. If they don't have the right attire we always try to lend them extra kit that we have or we let them come anyway because we know they are trying to get their kit together... and why should they, just because they are new, miss out on all the fun.

The only time we have had rules where folks can't come into camp IS SOLELY because the EVENT ORGANIZER/HOST set those particular rules, IN WHICH case we often leave the confines of the camp to go talk to those that aren't yet up to snuff and sit outside with them.

We have NEVER judged other crews against our standards, other crews are just that other crews. They can do, or wear what ever they please and that has never offended any of us... striving to be a pc crew is just our thing... we have been to countless events where there are numerous Hollywood/non pc crews and we have always welcomed them into our camp and we have always been happy to work with/interact with/ and play with them.

So Mission if you want to be a Hollywood pirate, go ahead... you will be welcome no matter what you wear as long as you don't come in naked.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

To all that I have offended I am sorry.

To those bounds I have over stepped. I shall endeavor in the future not to do so.

For any miss information I have disseminated I apologise, that was not my intent.

I beg the forgiveness of all involved.

Edited by Silkie McDonough

Hey I am not the least bit upset by yer posts, just seemed like you were trying to talk Mission into doing what he has done in the past at Pip where he helped contribute quite a bit to the history part of the pirate camps...

I was just stepping in to clarify, since you would not speak for the Captain, and I thank you for that, not so much what our standards are just who we apply them to, which is crew members only. We certainly aren't the ones pointing at others and saying Hey yer wrong and yer idiots because yer wrong... the person that did that is NO longer a part of our crewe because of that behavior... we never comment on other people's kits unless they come to us first and ask what they can do to improve...We ourselves are not perfect and in fact, in many cases, still have a long way to go. But we are trying... and frankly to me, that is all that matters, that we keep trying to do the very best we can.

To me this thread just sounded very much like we in the Archangel shut people out and we don't and Silkie you were not the only one coming across in this fashion. Personally I hate these kinds of threads because it is very difficult to get across, in print, exactly what one means... but the further I read the more it "sounded" like we make a habit out of shunning people and we never have.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

We have NEVER judged other crews against our standards, other crews are just that other crews. They can do, or wear what ever they please and that has never offended any of us... striving to be a pc crew is just our thing... we have been to countless events where there are numerous Hollywood/non pc crews and we have always welcomed them into our camp and we have always been happy to work with/interact with/ and play with them.

So Mission if you want to be a Hollywood pirate, go ahead... you will be welcome no matter what you wear as long as you don't come in naked.

Wow... did you have to make that last statement? I feel the need to go gouge my eyes out :) Sorry Mission.

Nope, you guys have always been nice to me and well I am pretty darn far from PC. Thanks for the clarification though.

Silkie, relax, take a deep breath. I know I did not mean to come across as angry or anything at you, I just said if you all had rules in place during the event hours that was cool and we had an area as well where people could hang out during that time. I don't think anyone was really angry (if they were screw em... not literally of course... unless you want to... oh nevermind) It was just a discussion. It's all good.

It is hard to make sure you come across with the right 'tone' in type.

I can't speak for everyone else, but if I'm really pissed, I'm pretty damn obvious and don't pull punches (ask my crewe, they are not big fans) :blink: That's really pretty rare though, I just babble a lot most of the time.

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

You know, I have the impression people think others are far more upset about this than anyone actually is. I absolutely took Silkie's comments as being to me and I understood the nature and tone of them and am not in the least offended. Keep in mind that The Hide is Silkie's brain child - she thought of it (with some help from her fellow Archangels), she sacrificed and bought the canvas for it instead of a tent last year, she did a stupendous job organizing the meals last year and she made sure everything got done. So if she requested that The Hide be PC when the event was going on and I was dressed as a movie pirate, I would most certainly respect her wishes - as I hope would everyone else. Now enough about this. Silkie feels pretty badly and I do not want to be at the root of making our beloved Mistress McDonough unhappy.

Wow... did you have to make that last statement? I feel the need to go gouge my eyes out :) Sorry Mission.

Based solely on this comment, I have decided to go ahead with my plan to be 300 years out of place at PiP. I am going as a Pict dressed entirely in woad this year. (Quick, someone fetch me some blue paint...Dr. Manhatten, you got nothin' on me. (Except enormous strength, a gigantic...intellect and the ability to alter matter at will. But other than that...))

Mission_banner5.JPG

Based solely on this comment, I have decided to go ahead with my plan to be 300 years out of place at PiP. I am going as a Pict dressed entirely in woad this year. (Quick, someone fetch me some blue paint...Mr. Manhatten, you got nothin' on me. (Except enormous strength, a gigantic intellect and the ability to alter matter at will. But other than that...))

ACK!!! We really will need a surgeon now... to tend to all the people who are going to be violently ill when Mission comes naked to camp... UGH... stomach is turning already

Crewe of the Archangel

Based solely on this comment, I have decided to go ahead with my plan to be 300 years out of place at PiP. I am going as a Pict dressed entirely in woad this year. (Quick, someone fetch me some blue paint...Mr. Manhatten, you got nothin' on me. (Except enormous strength, a gigantic intellect and the ability to alter matter at will. But other than that...))

ACK!!! We really will need a surgeon now... to tend to all the people who are going to be violently ill when Mission comes naked to camp... UGH... stomach is turning already

Ah, but you forget. I will be thin and beautiful this year. And I'll be wearing blue paint. (Heck, they do it on Duvall during Fantasy Fest, so it's allowed...sort of...)

Mission_banner5.JPG

someone please gouge out my other eye!!!! I will even provide the stick, finger, thumb, whatever...

Crewe of the Archangel

Hey.... Woad is fun stuff..... I once was the guy down in th' bog at Pensic wot painted women's breast with woad.... great job if ye can get it.... :blink: