Need a good source for Boarding Axes

Andre LeClerc

Ok, brethren-

I have looked at the Old Domion Forge, but need more sources for a repo boarding axe----seems the boys do not want me too use the real one I have had for years.... <_<

Gracie

Andre LeClerc

semi-elected master

of the St. Vitas Dance

file.jpg

"When in the midst of heaving, shipboard fightin, my old pappie use to say----If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin"

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, I can't attest to their usability, but try the axes at http://www.gggodwin.com/

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Mighty nice stuff from Godwin, fer sure. Those axes look usable, too. (Not sure what you'd actually USE a boarding axe for, nowadays, though!) ;)

Anyone on the list do any 'hawk throwin'? I used to throw axe and knife a little, with the SCA. Knife is a lot harder. Either way, hitting is a lot easier than sticking! ;)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

I worked at an ice cream shop in Door County, WI, and on the busy days(Or, I guess, the slow ones, too) I would enter tain myself by knife throwing at the walls in the stock room. I was never very good at the spinnin type of throw one would use for a tomahawk, but I was pretty good at the straight throw, from about twelve feet away. I'd like to try hawk throwing. I dabbled in it in boy scouts (because I was a naughty scout) but never really gave it a good go. Now I live in the city, and I can pretty much write that off as impossible.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Mighty nice stuff from Godwin, fer sure. Those axes look usable, too. (Not sure what you'd actually USE a boarding axe for, nowadays, though!) ^_^

Anyone on the list do any 'hawk throwin'? I used to throw axe and knife a little, with the SCA. Knife is a lot harder. Either way, hitting is a lot easier than sticking! ^_^

Capt. William

Cold Steel mate. Cold Steel. There are many places on my links page. Pyratical Links

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg