Lost Lady

LadyBarbossa

Ahoy to all.

Apologies to all who have been wondering where I've been. My comp is in the shop getting fixed as it has unfortunately obtained at VERY nasty torjan virus (package as I call it since nigh 200 spyware, viruses, trojans, etc showed up).

I'm at the local Library checking email swiftly. It will be a couple more days before I am back on... at least. I'm hoping I may be back online this weekend. Hoping is the key word. :::knocks on the wood of the Black Pearl:::

Shall see th' lot of ye soon.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Sorry to hear about the computer problems. My best advice - get a Mac! Easier said than done, I know. You could always do it the way we did. Have a burglary, providing you're insured, of course. But there's no worries about viruses or trojans or such. They just don't exist for Mac. Not yet, at least. And the experts still say you don't need anti virus software for one, and we haven't had one problem yet.

Edited by Sjöröveren

Aye, the trojan virus be horrible! Really screws up the computer badly! I got tired of dealing with spyware and viruses so now I use firefox instead of internet explorer. I have not had any problems since! *knocks on the wood of the Black Pearl*

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

LOl... I'm still knocking on the wood of the Black Pearl, too, Christine. Always. ;)

Welp, I've m' old comp hooked up at the moment. The other comp is still not done yet. It's a SUPER nasty trojan. And though was told by the people who are fixing the other comp that it's mainly through eBay and it's affiliates... it can come through ANYTHING and gets around Anti-Virus programs. Apparently it's going around and not really spreading like wild fire but it's not something to take lightly.

If you get a window popping up from Antivirus 360 saying you have a virus, trojans, or anything else.... then you switch off the comp immediately (within 24 of getting the window) and take it into some professional. Don't do anything yo'rself, cause that's the hook, line and sinker for yo'r comp and you will lose everything.

So... FYI...

It has been horrid without a comp. Esecially when stuff needs to be done on the comp. :o

~Lady B

::::shrugs:::

Just mentioned what I was told. Each time I ask, I get a different question and rather unsure how the hell I got that bleedin' thing. Oh, well.

But, all in all, eBay or elsewhere... yes, something else is floating around. Hope ye all are spared from it.

~Lady B