PotC 4??

Monterey Jack

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Gore? (Can we lose Bruckheimer too?)

http://weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmemo/2009/07/marshall-steering-disneys-pirate-ship-.html

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

No one is signed to direct as of yet.

They are talking to more then one person so... soon as I am free to tell tales I 'll keep ye all in the loop. Also.... about casting. :rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Looks like serious casting will begin in September... :blink:

Once I find out who will be wrangling the extra's (If it's not the same folks) I'll post it here.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Maybe the producers learned their lesson with Dead Man's Chest?

And they will not start filming BEFORE they even have a script (lol)!

Edited by CaptainSatan

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

As an ametuer historian who also is a bit of a nerd, albiet a young'un at 21, let me throw in my two pence. Yes, the glaringly obvious hisrorical innacuracies made me cringe. By the second and third movies, the story had decayed from a swashbuckler into a love-trinagle special-effects laden shipwreck with plot holes large enough to sall a galleon through! Davy Jones' locker was not the mind-numbing horror which would scare any pillaging blighter back to their church/synagogue/mosque/temple and begging for absolution. It was SAND. I was half expecting one of Captain Sparrow's alternate personalities to randomly pop up and exclaim: "We can't stop here! This is BAT COUNTRY!"

Don't even get me started on the wench, er....I mean...the late Honorable Governor Weatherby Swann's daughter. I'm all for strong female characters, but unless you're Grania O'Malley and you've been on the account since you were sixteen, the idea of this woman suddenly becoming a SUCCESSFUL pirate captain is pushing it. While women are fully capable of acheiving such status, the truth of the matter is that a woman like Elizabeth would not be able to command a crew, let alone an armada and expect the lads to take her seriously. Now, say, if she spent several years at sea building muscle and garnering an actual reputation other than the woman who seems to have the kiss of death, I could believe it. Her pep talk was too late in the game, as was Will's evolution from novice pirate to Captain of the Dutchman. In fact, Will's character was pitifully shoved into the wayside with the whole love tringale/double-crossing/revenge plot. That character had untapped potential.

However, I must say that Captain Barbossa was amazing. biggrin.gif

(Yes, I am in fact female)

Edited by The Gothic Blacksmith

I still wanta see 'Jack Sparrow meets American McGee's Alice'!

Perhaps Jack, on his way t' find th' fountain o' youth in that li'le dingy, could get suck'd down a maelstrom where he finds he'm self in a demented world with sirens 'n a Cheshire version o' a Sphinx 'n a big hookah smoke'n sea serpent! Then Amphitrite could run around scream'n "T' Th' Locker With He'm!!" 'n they could play underwater croquet with seahorses they hold upside down by their tails!

Now I Would Stand In Line Fer That!! :lol:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Perhaps Jack, on his way t' find th' fountain o' youth in that li'le dingy, could get suck'd down a maelstrom where he finds he'm self in a demented world with sirens 'n a Cheshire version o' a Sphinx 'n a big hookah smoke'n sea serpent! Then Amphitrite could run around scream'n "T' Th' Locker With He'm!!" 'n they could play underwater croquet with seahorses they hold upside down by their tails!

Now I Would Stand In Line Fer That!! cool.gif

MAHAHAHA! I choked on my rum-and-hot apple cider on account of yer post!

An' maybe there will be honest-to-goodness vampires. None of this sparklepire nonsense!

Well that what ye get 'n that what ye deserve; waist'n good rum like that.

Next time pour th' cider in a Separate glass!!

:lol:

MadL.....

If that new picture of you taken on the HMS Surprise?? :D

Aye Iron Bess, that it be! I arrived early 'n ....well, procured th' fine ship, HMS Surprise, fer me own ;)

...but then th' blaggards made me give her back :lol:

actually I had arrived early t' fulfill a promise t' a CGI modeler friend o' mine at www.renderosity who has already made a fine 3D computer model o' this fine ship, however he had no reference photos o' th' top deck and...well, it twas ALL WRONG!!! Not even had a poop deck did it, 'n th' ship's wheel sat down on th' main deck it did!! :o

So, I arrived early, took several photos o' th' deck before everyone else got there and covered her over with their bodies 'n lust. I even took some shots below deck fer he'm, 'n in return he gave me a copy o' his current ship model and will send me th' update once he gets t' it. He even sent me he's model o' th' Black Pearl...which also be not perfect....but hey, 'Free' be a price that a pirate can live with ;)

Now I Would Stand In Line Fer That!! cool.gif

An' maybe there will be honest-to-goodness vampires. None of this sparklepire nonsense!

Vampires?? Now your talkin!

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

MadL.....

If that new picture of you taken on the HMS Surprise?? :o

Aye Iron Bess, that it be! I arrived early 'n ....well, procured th' fine ship, HMS Surprise, fer me own ;)

...but then th' blaggards made me give her back :lol:

Sweet.... VERY sweet! :D

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hey, MadL, doncha know you're supposed to take what ye can, and give NOTHING back! Pyrate!!!! :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Hey, MadL, doncha know you're supposed to take what ye can, and give NOTHING back! Pyrate!!!! :lol:

but...but...they threaten'd t' take away me rum rations fer a Whole Week if I did not give her back!

but...but...they threaten'd t' take away me rum rations fer a Whole Week if I did not give her back!

:D

*whimpy! Whimpy! Whimpy!* ;)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Know anything about sea turtles? :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Aye, I know bout sea turtles....They Bite!!! :ph34r:

...'n I have no hair upon me back either :lol:

Hey Iron Bess, I will gladly pay ye Thursday fer a rum today! :o

Aye, sea turtles.

Everyone's thinkin' it, I'm just sayin' it.

Oh, and let me stick this in here to save Iron Bess the trouble: :lol:

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

However, I must say that Captain Barbossa was amazing.

Oooo... :: Jabs thumb at Gothic::: I likes this 'n already! :) She's done got on m' good side, she has. hehehe...

Whoa... wait. Vampires?

:::looks at Bess with scared eyes:::

As long as Michael Bay is NOT directing PotC 4, I think we should be fine. I don't think it would be wise to have Jack Sparrow running from explosions in every minute!

Crossin' m' fingers, swords an' pistols hopin' for Rush to return as Barbossa.

Hey, a Lady can hope!

LOL... oh, good one, Mission. :blink:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Hey Iron Bess, I will gladly pay ye Thursday fer a rum today! ;)

SOLD!! ;)

(Then you'll owe ME ice cream!) :blink:

Whoa... wait. Vampires?

:::looks at Bess with scared eyes:::

As long as Michael Bay is NOT directing

~Lady B

As far as I now they have not asked Michael bay.

Life is good.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif