Pirates of the Burning Sea

Joe Pyrat

Signal to thequartermaster.

I'll meet you on the dock at Marsh Harbor tomorrow night 10FEB09 at 6PM EST. Roberts Server

Use messaging and add friend. Put in the name Joe Pyrat. That should let you IM me in-game.

If the you need to change the time let me know here. I'm also on all the other servers so we can switch servers if need be, but I've got a Minerva Frigate on Roberts, Pyrat's Ghost" so I can cover you while we get you leveled up.

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

Signal to thequartermaster.

I'll meet you on the dock at Marsh Harbor tomorrow night 10FEB09 at 6PM EST. Roberts Server

Use messaging and add friend. Put in the name Joe Pyrat. That should let you IM me in-game.

If the you need to change the time let me know here. I'm also on all the other servers so we can switch servers if need be, but I've got a Minerva Frigate on Roberts, Pyrat's Ghost" so I can cover you while we get you leveled up.

Yaaar apologize sir I was out sick a couple of days and my home computer gives me Pyracy.com issues. I will re-install the game tonight and when I'm on I will either add you or try to hail you if you're on.

Again, sorry for not seeing this thread earlier. I assume you're a pirate so I will make one as well.

By the way.. do fighting styles really make a difference? I'd like Florentine but who can be a pirate and resist dirty fighting?

• 2 weeks later...
Ok

Yaaar Joe,

After 5 hours of update downloads, I finally go onto the Roberts Server. I sail horribly but it was still interesting. I like that they added the two pirate jobs too.

Question and maybe you can think of something. Randomly during the game my keyboard just stops working. I have no idea what that's about.

Anyway, let me know when you'll be on again. I couldn't figure out how to PM or add you as a friend.

I sail under the name Flintlock Hawk.

Yaaaar!

Edited by Thequartermaster

During Beta testing keyboard lock up's were very frequently due to router software being out of date. I had that problem myself. Once my router was updated the issue went away. Of course, one would need to be using a router for that to be applicable.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

During Beta testing keyboard lock up's were very frequently due to router software being out of date. I had that problem myself. Once my router was updated the issue went away. Of course, one would need to be using a router for that to be applicable.

Crud. I use a router but I don't have any other options. With my computer, an xbox and a laptop that's constantly used.

=(

Crud. I use a router but I don't have any other options. With my computer, an xbox and a laptop that's constantly used.

=(

If the router is the issue, it's not the router itself most likely. Go to the manufacturer's website and down load/ install the latest drivers for the router and you should get back up to snuff. Once again, assuming the router is the issue.

A good choice is to go to the forum for the game and post a trouble question and see what kind of answer you get. I haven't played for nearly a year (I have issues with SOE and won't be paying them to play an on-line game again), so they might have another solution to the problem these days.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

If the router is the issue, it's not the router itself most likely. Go to the manufacturer's website and down load/ install the latest drivers for the router and you should get back up to snuff. Once again, assuming the router is the issue.

A good choice is to go to the forum for the game and post a trouble question and see what kind of answer you get. I haven't played for nearly a year (I have issues with SOE and won't be paying them to play an on-line game again), so they might have another solution to the problem these days.

Thanks, mate, I appreciate the suggestions and I do believe you are correct. Yaaaaar!

Is the game any good?

I saw alla the promo for it, but it took forever to happen, so I kinda lost interest.....

I did some of the early play-test for the Pirates of the Caribbean game..... but I didn't really like that, so I just dropped out.....

It looks much better then the PotC game by many leagues. The game itself is a little clumsy with sailing if you ever played Sid Meier's but walking around makes it unique in comparison.

I'm sure it's a lot more fun then I'm making is sound but as a NOOB I still don't really know what I'm doing.

Compared to other online games, I think it's a little pricey for a monthly fee ($15) but not higher then any other game that's relatively new.

This is one of Joe Pyrats ships. I'm posting it so you can see that the graphics look really good.

TheBloodyDoubloon.jpg

Edited by Thequartermaster

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I played it for a while also, got my toon up to lvl15 then I stopped playing because not enough people played. I was so use to playing world of warcraft with 11million people that potbs seemed dead