Skeletons - No bones about 'em!!

The college where I teach has a medical department. In a meeting yesterday, the medical director said that the old worn-out medical skeletons needed to be replaced.

Now that be a virtual gold mine for a wench with a pirate guild!!

So I quickly offered to adopt her old skeletons and give them a good home. She agreed and if all goes as planned, they will soon have shiney new skeletons and I'll have the old ones, plus some miscellaneous bits and pieces of bones!

It occurred to me that other medical colleges probably replace their skeletons after a few years or if a school closes down... I wonder if the rest of the pirates out there might be able to acquire them? Any ideas?

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

That gives me an idea...

Also try Art schools. The Academy that I attend has several skeletons for anatomy reference, some of which are in disrepair. Bad for artists, but good for pirates!

ARRRT!!!

:D

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

In the case of the anatomy skeletons at the Art school, they are cast from a real skelton, but are not actual remains.

*whew*

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Quill, I do some home haunting at Halloween. There is a place on the net that you can get 4th class skeletons (as oppossed to 1st class used for medical studies, all made in heavy plastic) for about $89.00. Sometimes they are offered at a sale price. I got mine about two years ago at $60 each.

"This adult skeleton features a hanging hook at the top of the skull, jointed arms and legs, and a movable jaw on springs. Stand is sold separately. Size: 5' 6"" tall. Weight: 17 lbs.Made of durable plastic, this 4th quality skeleton may be imperfect, discolored, unfinished, or have missing hardware. Note: All sales of 4th quality goods are final. We will not accept returns."

I have two, which can be seen on this forum under "Mad Woman Cheryl's Halloween Party". One of them has ribs that are not joined.

Go here:

BoneYard Bargains

Boneyard sells them to Haunters at a cheaper price and everyone wins in the end. If there is a flaw, the site tells how you can fix it. There are even ways to use colored latex and cotton to make it look like a corpse, if you really want to. I hope this helps.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

Ack! Ye' pirates be missin' me point! These be donations and free o' charge. (and no worries Captain Wm, they be plastic!) I was hopin' to provide a possible idea fer ye' to pick up yer own cast-off Billy Bones. They be right plentiful on Ebay, as are all things weird n' wonderful. Here be the latest findings:

Ebay skeletons

At this time, thar be one at $44 whot goes in 3 hours an' 182 o' his breathren followin' shortly thereafter.

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com