Antique Fabric for SALE: Linen, Wools, Silks

I have been going through my stuff... again and found a few pieces of linen that didn't make it out with the last batch.

I'll post more as I find em

L5 $75 Shipped

L5.jpg

This is a big piece of linen 7.7 Yrds 60" wide. It probably from the first quarter of the last century

As far as weight goes, I would say its on the heavy side of "Light" or on the light side of Medium... so a 3 or 4 on a scale of 1-10. Some slight storage marks but it has been laundered.

I'd use it to make a shirt, chemise (if you don't mind a heavier material) or for lining of just about anything.

LCP Embroidered/Patterned Beige Cotton 4yds x 58" $30

CEB1.jpg

I bought this a while back as the pattern was reminicent of 18th century embroidered/patterned fabrics. I thought it would make a great looking waistcoat under my plumb colored Justaucops

It reminds me of the silk one from the V&A that Jack Roberts posted in twill...

L20 Shirtweight Linen Yrds x 48" $30

L20.jpg

This is a nice sized piece of lightweight linen... hankercheif maybe... certainly shirtweight. I washed it in prep for making a shirt and that is as far as I got.

LC Indigo Checked Blanket Cover Linen $30

LC.jpg

This piece dates from the 1910-1930s and is a linen blanket cover. You put a wool blanket in and button it up. Its made from two pieces of checked linen 30" wide and 160" long. Depending on your size, you should get two shirts out of it.

Pictures for follow, Shipping is not included

PM me for payment details

Edited by Gentleman of Fortune

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

CONTINUED

WOOL

WB 1 & 2 $15 each both for $25 88" x 65"

Old wool blankets make great short jackets. I am a big guy and I got a short jacket out of one of these easy with room to spare. 100% blankets are getting harder to find... so I'll make it easy for you. These blankets are basket woven and have been washed multiple times in their carrers. They have that nappy tight woveness that was great for nautical clothing during the GAoP. With two, you could make a long frock coat, great coat, or Justaucorps. Or just a neat short jacket.

WB-1.jpg

WB2 $15 80" x 60"

Same as above but tighter woven and more nappy and a little smaller. Light blue.

Would make a sweet sailor's jacket

WB-2.jpg

WBP $15 78" x 62" $15

Same as above but really think and Nappy. Its pink... or salmon. A popular color (easy to dye) in GAoP. I made my short jacket from this blanket's brother (or sister)

WP-4.jpg

WG $15 84" x 64" $15

This blanket is a little thinner than the above, but still a nice piece of fabric for your progject. This one is a mint green color

WG-5.jpg

Buy all of them and I'll pay the shipping.. so thats $70 shipped

PM for payment details

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Continued...

Misc

I was at an antique shop last year and found a few boxes of Cotton Velvet. It was in the form of old curtains but it looked like it might make an interesting project.

Some of them hung in more sunlight and were faded in places... other seemed ok. My goal was to make a red raggedy old justaucorps that was torn and faded. If I made it in the early style, It would be a great impression to do a lower class fellow with a 30 year old coat that had been used abused and repaired a bunch of times (Like all Gunnister mans stuff).

Never did it... SO I am selling it.

I have Red (that has the most Sun fading) Burgandy, Teal/Blue and Forest Green

For each color there is plenty of fabric to make what you want. I didn't measure it all, but the nicest is probably the Green and there are 4 panels that 8 feet long and 44" wide.

If you want to try to make your own stuff, here is an opportunity to get some interesting fabric on the cheap.

$25 per color or all of it for $100 shipped

CVG.jpgCVR-2.jpg

CVR-1.jpgCPB.jpg