Pirates board Disney Wonder

Don't know if this is best here or destinations, but at least it is Pirate Movie related.

I got this in the latest DisneyInsider.

"" Dead men tell no tales, but what about pirates in the flesh? Uncover the real story this spring as Disney Cruise Line features an event sure to send shivers up any seafarer's spine. "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend Lives On" cruise will take Guests to World's End and beyond, led by actors Lee Arenberg and Martin Klebba - better known to fans as Pintel and Marty from all three "Pirates of the Caribbean" films. This high-seas journey promises an earful of behind-the-scenes movie lore, tomfoolery, and exclusive treasures ... dare ye listen to the yarns these superstar scoundrels can spin?

Setting sail March 8 to 12, the Disney Wonder will host this pirate-themed party, traveling to Nassau and Castaway Cay. With 10 distinctive decks, the ship offers luxurious staterooms, restaurants, pools, shops, and first-class family entertainment. Guests must register for the event to participate in the scheduled pirate-themed activities. A private welcome reception with Lee, Marty, and renowned artist Dave Avanzino will kick off the first day ...""

Wish I could go, but unless a fat merchantman comes within reach for plundering, I'm a bit short on coin. Could use some Warm Weather Wishes about now, we are in the midst of another winter storm here in Northern NJ.

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

It's just up the road from me and only $450 and I still wouldn't go. Now, if it had Kiera or Geoffrey... perhaps. But glorified extras? I don't think so.

--

Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

This looks like a lot of fun to me. I have met both of these actors and they were very outgoing and fan friendly. They'd sit down and chat with you even though they may have answered that same question like 5,000 times. If you don't know about the making of films this could also be fun in that area as well. If you like Star Trek, Lee Arenberg is a guest actor on many a show from the different series. So, do pirates and get Star Trek at the same time. Like I said, sounds fun to me.

Of course this is a Disney cruise so I'd expect a lot of little kids on the ship, with all the attendant wonders young children can bring to your cruising experience. LMAO

The rub here is that the price is on top of the cruise price, so unless you were going on the cruise to begin with this isn't a few hundred dollars it's closer to $2,000 on the low end for both your inside cabin and the bump for the "pirate special" and that's before air fare.

If I was going on that cruise anyway, I'd pay for the "pirate special" bump, but one needs to be going anyway IMO.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

• 2 weeks later...
Now, if it had Kiera or Geoffrey... perhaps. But glorified extras? I don't think so.

--

Hurricane

Ahhh c'mon, glorified extras?

Hardly.

Both Lee and Marty had considerable speaking roles and technically that makes them co stars. Technically anyway.

Extras never say a word and get paid WAY less!. :rolleyes:

Besides, anyone on THIS coast can see them for FREE at the Pirates for CHOC event her in June, : )

They are both very generous men who donate a great deal of their time to Charity events and fund raisers.

They are good guys...

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif