Doctor Who fans out there?

LadyBarbossa

By any chance be there any Doctor Who fans out there? Curious if any of ye have kept up with the latest episodes. :D

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

By any chance be there any Doctor Who fans out there? Curious if any of ye have kept up with the latest episodes. :D

~Lady B

I used to watch it a lot in the 80s back when Tom Baker was the Doctor (best Doctor EVER). I did catch most of the first season when the series was resurrected a couple years ago, but then it fell off my radar when I moved to the US. How has the last season or two been?

Michael_banner.jpg

By any chance be there any Doctor Who fans out there? Curious if any of ye have kept up with the latest episodes. :rolleyes:

Well, YES!

Even made some Doctor Who fanvids for the current series:

English Rose

The Doctor/Donna: We're SO not married!

Doctor Who: Apocalypse

And one for the 1996 TV movie starring Paul McGann as the 8th Doctor:

Doctor Who: Strange Town

Edited by Hester
pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Trying to catch some of the latest episodes. What few I've seen, I love it! David Tennant is the current Doctor (10th Doctor, can ye believe it?) and he's FABULOUS! But, he's giving up the title of Time Lord soon... unfortunately. At least that's what I'm gathering.

Luckily, Iowa Public TV has both the old AND the new Dr Who episodes on Saturday night. But I have to say, Mr Tennant is swiftly becoming my fav! :) Young, sprighly,... lots like Tom Baker's wit mixed with Peter Davison's youth. But Tennant brings a whole new vibrancy to the Doctor. Apparently LOTS of surprizes since the series resurrection. Trying to hunt down some episodes.

But I REALLY like Tennant. Too good, too hilarious, too charming... absolutely perfect! Saw a couple episodes with Eggleston (not sure if i spelt that right). But liking Tennant better. Shall be interesting to see what it will be like with the next Doctor.

Hopefully ye can find some local station what airs DW.

Ooo... coolies, Hester! Will have to take a look.

I like Paul McGann nonetheless. Mostly his dress style was awsome and I liked the look. Long story, kinda envisioned one of the versions to look like that. Sure enough... he did! Weird. :)

~Lady B

I guess I am more of a fanatic than a fan. I am so caught up in the new Doctor Who and Torchwood. I really watched in the 80's too. I love the way they brought back the old enemies still looking like I remember. Right down to the plunger on the Dalecks. I love the episode that brought the Daleck to a flight of stairs and he levitated up them.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

Oh, aye! The Daleks and the Cybermen. :blink: Old enemies that look just like you remember them but with minor upgrades that one barely notices. It's fantastic.

Yes, David Tennant is a fantastic Doctor. Will be sad to see him go. Hell, I just may cry when he regenerates into the 11th Doctor.

Eager to see the next Season of Dr Who. (since it takes so long to get here, alas, BBC America is not available here. Annoying it is, BBC has better shows than ABC, NBC and CBS combined!)

Amazing how long Dr Who has been around (even with the hiatus).

~Lady B

Oh, aye! The Daleks and the Cybermen. :blink: Old enemies that look just like you remember them but with minor upgrades that one barely notices. It's fantastic.

Yes, David Tennant is a fantastic Doctor. Will be sad to see him go. Hell, I just may cry when he regenerates into the 11th Doctor.

Eager to see the next Season of Dr Who. (since it takes so long to get here, alas, BBC America is not available here. Annoying it is, BBC has better shows than ABC, NBC and CBS combined!)

Amazing how long Dr Who has been around (even with the hiatus).

~Lady B

I have seen all of the new version of the Dr. Who episodes, right up to the cliff hanger. SciFi Channel has been running marathons for the last few Fridays if you have missed some of the episodes.

I BELIEVE that the new season will be starting up relatively soon.

The story line with The Master was quite good in my opinion (Here come the DRUMS!!!). I also liked the cliff hanger where they tie in all of the Dr. Who spin offs (Torchwood, Martha Jones, ect.)

Mickey Flint

First Mate o' the Harbinger

Me Website...

l_86c90f45206f4ce9bad5d7f52fdc1fc6.jpg

Sci Fi still has Doctor Who airing? Could never find it, so will have to check. :angry: Thank ye.

Oh, I shan't say more about the Master. But just finished watching an episode that involved the Master and the Doctor. More than moving, hell, it had me crying! That's all I will say just in case some of ye haven't seen it yet. Some of ye that have seen it will know what I'm talking about.

Aye, been checking out these other spin offs, too. Even the Sarah Jane Smith adventures has been fun! Oooo, so good to see K-9 active again.

I think the Doctor needs a pirate companion, what ye think? ;)

~Lady B

Sci Fi still has Doctor Who airing? Could never find it, so will have to check. :ph34r: Thank ye.

Oh, I shan't say more about the Master. But just finished watching an episode that involved the Master and the Doctor. More than moving, hell, it had me crying! That's all I will say just in case some of ye haven't seen it yet. Some of ye that have seen it will know what I'm talking about.

Aye, been checking out these other spin offs, too. Even the Sarah Jane Smith adventures has been fun! Oooo, so good to see K-9 active again.

I think the Doctor needs a pirate companion, what ye think? :ph34r:

~Lady B

Just finished the cliffhanger end of the last season, The Shattered Earth. I have no idea when they will be showing the next season, but it was the culmination of the last SciFi marathon. Next episodes shown are on BBC America and SciFi, both tomorrow night.

Mickey Flint

First Mate o' the Harbinger

Me Website...

l_86c90f45206f4ce9bad5d7f52fdc1fc6.jpg

Thanks, Tarr.

LOL.. Tis funny. The Journal of Impossible Things looks just like one of my pirate Captain's Logs. :)

Saw that Monday from 7am to 2pm there will be all DW episodes. But, heck... will keep m' eyes open for th' Doctor. Not sure when the new season will air in the US. Still checking up on that. Season opener is "Planet of the Dead".

Oooo... RC K-9! Now wouldn't that be something to see at Pirate Events?

:rolleyes:

Ok... maybe not something ye want t' see at a pirate event.

:rolleyes:

~Lady B

They're only doing four specials this year, not a full series. Unfortunate, but true. They'll start up with a new series next year, with the 11th Doctor.

By the way, I am the only pirate around that I know of who carries a sonic screwdriver. Loony Lucy of Empty Hats nearly stole it from me! :unsure:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

You have th' sonic screwdriver? Well, now I know who t' blame if th' complains about it bein' missing. :unsure:

~Lady B

Is it just me, or is Rose hotter now that she came back to fight the Daleks? Or is it because I dated a girl from England some twenty years ago who looked almost like her ? I digress... :D

Oh, look at that. My sonic screwdriver just lit up! :D

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

LOL... Wolfe... I wouldn't know. I don't usually fancy th' companions. Doc doesn't have many male companions. But I think the current Doc is mighty dashing. I mean, what woman wouldn't fancy him? :D

Hell, ANY episode that has the Doctor vs the Daleks is exciting!

Tis a pity Madame Pompadour didn't get the opportunity to have some adventures with the Doctor.

Sophia Myles was a lucky woman. Playing with the Doctor dressed in the finery of the King's Mistress and now she's a friend to a Vampire in Moonlight! She's an awesome actress.

Well, Doctor Who is on this evening here in Iowa on Public Television. 11pm is the new Doctor Who with David Tennant, episode tonight is "Gridlock" (the Shakespeare Code was on last week; awesome!). Then after that is one of the older episodes, they have a repeat of the 7th Doctor. I absolutely love IPTV for showing and reshowing Doctor Who!

~Lady B

• 2 weeks later...

LMAO!

Now here is somethin' ye piratical lot may fancy.... the Doctor in a sing song calling himself a Gallifreyan Buccaneer! :rolleyes:

Enjoy...

~Lady B