ANTIQUE FABRIC for SALE the "Notions"

SOLD - PENDING PAYMENT

THANKS

I have recently posted the Linens and Silks on another forum, and honestly, its moving much faster over there.

But, to be fair to my Pirate Brethren, I still will offer the things for sale here First.

I have a ton a stuff... really. And I have decided for 2009 that I would get rid of everything that can't fit into one small suitcase.... As traveling to events is difficult as I live in Europe.

I had visions of Grandeur, and pictured myself setting up a "table" at PIP and selling antique fabrics, high quality weapons, and original items....

That ain't going to happen.

So the end of 2008 and the first part of 2009 will have me setting up my virtual shop and I will be getting rid of it. Remember though, I am selling it, not giving it away. Most of the prices are cheaper than where you could find it elsewhere... The problem though is "where" do you find it elsewhere? So, if the prices seem high, its probably a realistic reflection of its rarity and quality.

I have metallic threads, original buttons (from 15th -19 centuries), Original equipment buckles, Original Belt Buckles, Original Shoe bukcles, and really good stuff from other periods that are no longer made but still can be used for 17th/18th centuries.

First up

Braids

Here is the story:

I was at an Antique market a few years ago and found a guy who was selling the contents of his grandparents cellar (Here in Germany, old stuff is stored in the basement or "keller" so the German equivalent to an "Attic Find" is a Keller Find).

Anyway, his Grandparents had the remnants of the Family Tailor shop. The shop had been in the family for a hundred years or so and it was closed in the 1910s. He said (the grandson) that they had made uniforms for the military during the Franco Prussian War and had also made the finery for Catholic Ceremonial Dress.

The stuff he had was amazing, and I bought what I could from him. The below braids are at least 100 years old as that is when the shop closed. They could be more than that but who knows?

Braids and Trims were highly fashionable during the 17th and 18th Centuries. Often, as re-enactors, we try to replicate the fancy clothes, but due to the lack of quality reproduction trims, our clothing goes unadorned. Here is a chance to make those button holes "pop" or give a special bit of flair to that dress!

Metallic Braids available today are usually mylar or some other sort of synthetic material. Normally, even the most basic of the braids are $4 a yard.

I am selling this in the quantities that they are... that is, I can't cut you 2 yards. I am getting rid of it as a "Unit".

Braid-02.JPGBraid-01.JPG

A: Silver Braid 15mm Wide x 2.5 meters (2.7 yards) SOLD

B: Silver Braid 7mm Wide x 18.8 meters (20 yards) $95

When I got this, it was still in the original wrapper like "F". I have the original label and it says 7mm x 19 meters. I have maybe used 8" of it since I had it, mostly as samples (if you were in the round of pirate sketch books with me, you should have a sample in your book!) So basically, you have almost 20 yards of Authentic real metallic Antique Braid. If any online living history shop had this, it would be $20 a yard.

C: Silver Braid 7mm wide 5 meters (5.4 Yards) long $35

D: Gold Braid 10mm Wide x 25 Meters. $125

Same story as B. It was still in original wrapping when I got this. I still have the label, and again, only used a few inches of this as samples. Really nice stuff, and 25 METERS (27.3 Yards). This is priced at about $5 a yard for 10 mm wide antique braid.

E: 2 x Gold and Blue Silk Braid 20 mm wide x 3 meters (3.2 Yards) $25 Each (both for $45)

I have two of these and they are 3 meters long each. There is a Royal Blue silk stripe down the center and is some really impressive braid. )

F: Gold Braid 7mm wide 25 Meters long (27.3 yards) $150

I had forgotten if it was silver or gold so I peeled back the edge of the wrapper to check. Otherwise, this certainly is NOS (New, Old Stock) Antique Metal Braid. It is just like "B" except it is gold and in the original wrapper

If anyone wants the whole shebang, I'll make a deal

Edited by Gentleman of Fortune

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone has a clothing making business and wants it all, I am willing to make a deal.

Besides, you need to get yourself something for Christmas.

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I'm tempted, GoF. Depends upon what coinage I get for Christmas on whether I can get some of that. :) I'm crossing my fingers; I have my eyes on one of those at least.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!