Video and editing

Rats

OK so in additon to the event's and everything else I'm up to... it's time to make some of my ideas take shape!

Though all I have right now is a little dinky hand cam... I'm wondering about better cameras and also editing programs.

I'm sure we have a bunch of folks around here who have experience with such things and have all the advice I need... See! I have faith in you guys already!

So someone please tell Ol' rats a thing or two about a thing or two, before I wet my pants and run out and buy some crazy camera and editing system without knowing what the heck I'm doing!!!???

I can work wonders with a digital camera... I just need to know the facts about video!

Help me Any-Wan Kenobi... You're my only hope!! :P

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Rats pm Jack Roberts, he might know... he works with that stuff a lot

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

After seeing Aminjiria's work, I would agree with Sterling... He's freaking fantastic at that stuff...

Should you be bound and determined to do it yourself, the Roxio Video editting suite while not professional grade, is definately in my opinion one of the better home video editting peices of software for the price. Should you be willing to spend serious money, go with Adobe's video editting software (I've forgotten the name of it, but a quick search on Adobe.com will fix that).

Cheers

Michael_banner.jpg

Even a dinky hand cam can do fine these days. The only level up from them is a three-chip, which is broadcast quality. And unless you're putting your stuff on network, that's a bit of a waste of funds.

As for editing... Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro are the pro-level options. Roughly half of all the stuff on cable these days is edited on Final Cut. But you need a Mac to use it. And if you have a Mac, Final Cut Express has almost all the same bells and whistles for a lot less money and it doves perfectly with iMovie and iDVD which come stock on a Mac these days.

Good luck on your endeavor!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com