Fun Pirate Stuff for the Kiddies

Just thought I'd start this part for all of you pirates out there with miniature pirates in the home.

This is aimed toward ONLY acceptable stuff for 1-13 year olds. This is where the Mama and Papa pirates can come to find suitable watching/reading materials for their young'uns. So no bad stuff.

I believe El Pirata, Stynky, Hurricane and Joshua Red have young ones, so this might be interesting. This is a place to put names of kiddie movies and websites to visit together.

I found http://www.meddybemps.com/halloween/thewindmill2.html

This has a fun little story about PUMPKIN PIRATES. It's cute, but read ahead, just in case there's something there you don't want the little ones to see.

Also, don't forget THE GOONIES and the Disney version of PETER PAN. I haven't seen the new version, yet, but I've heard it's pretty dark.

Don't forget CAPTAIN FEATHERSWORD from THE WIGGLES!

:ph34r:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

Me oldest cabin boy (9) loves POTC and can recite most o'Capt Jack's dialog. Me youngest (4) be a BIG Wiggles fan and loves Captain Feathersword (so does Capt Grey, that guy is BUFF!) B)

Our own "Talk Like A Pirate" brethren have some great kids stuff on their site, and there be a passel o' books fer young bucaneers.

Thank'ee fer startin' this thread, Capt Roberts; I'll post links as I find 'em.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

LOL my wife likes Anthony Wiggle. Captain Feathersword (Paul Paddick) is indeed ripped....but word is that he plays fer the other team...so ta speak. :)

I guess Anthony Wiggle was considered a soccer mom's heartthrob, till he recently married the chick that plays Dorothy the Dinosaur.

Is it freaky and weird that I know so much about the Wiggles? Hell yeah. B) But when your 19 month old pretty much has final say in family tv viewing, you haven't much choice.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

There was another PG or PG-13 movie called "Pirates of the Plain," starring Tim Curry. I love Tim Curry. Anyhow, he plays a pirate that gets time-warped (somehow) to modern day, and he meets up with this young kid. I haven't seen it yet, but it looks okay for the young'uns.

Oh, and don't forget "Muppets Treasure Island." Did I mention that I liked Tim Curry? He plays Long John Silver in this, and he does a fantastic job. It's a fun movie with Muppet sing-alongs and funny and memorable characters. One of my favorites (other than the usuals) is a goat named Clueless Morgan. He's a riot.

Did I mention that I love Tim Curry? Just checking.

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

And thanks for the kind words, Lady Elaina (Gabrielle). I saw you at the festival, too. I loved your dress. Very classy. Thanks for the congrats! We're doing great. We've been married a little over a month and have endured no death threats...yet. Heh, heh.

Capt. WE Roberts

All the Wiggles fans can check out their web site at http://www.thewiggles.com.au/index2.html

Paul Paddick who plays the Captain is a trained classical singer and has quite an impressive show-biz background. But he also is a great comedic talent as Captain Feathersword.

And actually Anthony married a lady from Mexico last May and they are expecting their first child any day now. Also I think Paul married the lady dancer that played Priate Jolly on the show, but I haven't been on the message board in a few months.

Yes I have a Wiggles fan in my house too, besides me. :blink: I'm very impressed by these guys considering three of the four are early childhood education teachers and are very family oriented in their personal lives. They've been doing this since 1991 in their native Australia!

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

LOL this is quickly becoming the Wiggles thread! Ya gotta love 'em though. They are the real deal. I like them because they play honest-to-goodness music. They don't water it down the way other kids shows do. Kids and their parents know that, and respect it. They rock out just enough to keep us parents happy, but are tame enough to not scare the kids. :huh:

And a few of their "Wiggly Dancers" are hot. Which keeps Daddy happy! :blink:

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Did I mention that I love Tim Curry? Just checking.

I have a couple of "cabin boys" too (ages 10 & 7) and next to POTC, Muppet Treasure Island is the most-quoted pirate movie at our house. That may be because, when they were smaller, I forced them to watch it over and over.

Tim Curry makes a mighty fine pirate! :)