Dead Man's articles

I thought about what Dutch said, and thought I should try to give background on the things I sent.

The sack of beads and such include many different types and sizes of things I used to use as props for my camp display. Things a lone hunter might have carried for trade. A few of those are actually Hudsons Bay Co. originals from the early 1800's.

The flint wallet, vent pick and turnscrew were all hand-made by me.

The spyglass was a find that I still kick myself over. Several years ago I was in line at a discount outlet checking out and they had a stack of those at the end for $17. I thought they might be crap and only bought one. When I got home and realized it was a real bargain I went back for the rest of them, only to find they had already sold out to another person who bought them all. :lol: Ends up being a fellow re-enactor/suttler who re-sold them for $65 and they went quick even at that price. The leather pouch I made and it also held a brass box that I keep two sizes of burning lenses in. I kept those because my best brudder and me won mathching boxes in a woodswalk together, and burning lenses are handy no matter what.

The mugs came from flea markets, the stainless boiler was a prize from a blanket shoot, the machete was from a garage sale, the waistcoat another blanket prize. That's all I remeber at the moment.

If those little hap-hazard items helped to raise so much for the fort, I cannot wait til next year to see what happens!

Bo

Very nice items, indeed, Cap'n Bo! All with such wonderful backgrounds ~ truly a colorful history you have!

The items I contributed have no such history ~ but I list them here as a tally for Captain Jim and Cap'n Bo.

Glass-bottom pewter mug

(found at the local Goodwill)

Brass buttons & a pair of Medium Men's Buckle Shoes

(the same as I sell here on the Pub)

I am happy to have been able to contribute to the Fort ~ and look forward to doing so again!

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Aye, tis a grand idea to have what was donated listed.

As stated previously what I donated twas a two tier drop necklace, here is a more complete description....

stones ...coins stones and pendant -Soladite, round freshwater pearls, blister freshwater pearls, round and oblong sterling silver spacers and sterling silver toggle clasp. with a small wooden treasure chest.

glad to have participated and will do again next year.

;)

Edited by Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

From myself, The Friends of Fort Taylor, Harry and all the ghosts in residence many thanks to all who contributed. Next year there will be a recognition page dedicated to all who contributed. This year things were just a tad disorganized; no, that's not right, they weren't organized at all, really, just sort of done on the fly. But next year, fear not. I will do my best to make it one of the premier events at PiP.

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I don't think any of us was making any complaint about that Cap, (I know I wasn't) just thought some might like to know the whats for so if'n they didn't make it to it this year they mayhap be a wee bit more likely to attend next. See'n wot they had missed.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Heck no! No complaints at all! It was my idea kinda thrust upon you anyhow, so if there be any lashes to take, they be on MY back. I do appologize for not including a listing and such. I am a scatterbrain anyhow and too often lose track of time and dates. I am getting better but still have much room for improvements. (That and starting too many projects that do not get finished. :unsure: ) Better this year though... NO MORE MATH!!!

Bo

Not to worry, I didn't take any of that as criticism, just reflecting that it would have been a nice thing to do. What we all accomplished with such a skeletal plan was quite remarkable. Next time a bit more flesh on the bones, more bucks for the fort and more fun for all.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I just remembered the ladle, I think Patrick ended up with. You're gonna like this one. I have been a "regular" attendee/demontrator at the Nathan Boone homestead for several years. Two years ago I forgot my ladle and left it on the workbench at home. We used a piece of junk fender that had been picked up off the road by maintenence, lit a fire with some good oak at the forge, used a hacksaw out of the DNR truck toolbox, the vise and anvil on site, modified a nail for the rivet, used the trailer ball to make the cup shape.

I have a few ladles around here and never used that one since. I have one I made last year that has become my favorite. It's a keeper.

Bo