King Philip's War Event

michaelsbagley

Another event I am considering, but less sure about for next year is this one...

King Philip's War Event

This would be a great event for those of you who are trying to put together gear for the 3rd quarter of the 17th century that would like to use it for militia portrayals as well.

My main reservation about this event is that it falls very close to another event I went to last year that I hope to attend again this year. And that much traveling in that short of a period of time doesn't seem likely at this point.

As a side note, I have talked to a few people about the possibility of portraying Captain Samuel Moseley's unit for this event. Samuel Moseley was a celebrated soldier in King Philip's War (although reportedly VERY ruthless). I have also found many references to the possibility (probability?) that Moseley and many of his soldiers were former buccaneers that had sailed with Morgan and the likes in previous years.

Edit: This one is in Maine...

Edited by michaelsbagley
Michael_banner.jpg

• 1 month later...

WOW! This group - Snowshoe Men

I just googled a few things last night looking for information about my ancestors who settled in Scarborough area of Maine. I found out that one Isaac McKenney was a member of the Snowshoe Company in the 1730s in York, ME (Scarborough Settlement) area. I need to do a bit more research on him for he is a KEY Ancestor in my family lineage. His son, Daniel is our direct bloodline to the Northern New York McKinney’s.

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"