A Look Back at PIP

Diosa De Cancion

Ahoy all!

I am home from PIP and doing damage inventory.....

1 left ankle that is black and blue 1/2 way up my leg and all the way down my foot from tripping last night while returning to the parade grounds from the privy (I'm a klutz)

1 deep cut on a toe on my right foot (Thanks D'Dogge for not lighting the way on a ghost tour :) )

A cut that looks a heck of a lot like a human bite on my left arm...

All sorts of bruises from the Anne & Mary capture, dragging and tumbling event (Some of Dutch's gear made a great bruise imprint in my leg when he picked me up and carried me away.

And today I have wrapped it up with the crud that everyone else has been passing around for the last week.

All in all, I would say it was a VERY successful event! If I don't have wounds, how will anyone believe I was hanging out with pirates for the last week???

I also found a new cure for all that ails you. Thanks D'Dogge for the Green Fairy - It's an amazing cure-all. Something hurts, take another drink and no more pain... and I hear it led to me skipping and giggling... but I don't want to confirm that.

Seriously, though... PIP just keeps getting better and better.

So much thanks to the Bone Island Buccaneers for all the hard work they put in to make this happen. It was very noticeable they have been working their butts off to make this thing happen!

Thanks to Harry, of course - the God of the fort who also gave a fun little drunken ghost tour last night!

The Archangel crewe for all they added. The hanging was... well... WOW! More on that when I have pictures.

To Silkie for the Hyde, which was beautiful and a great place to socialize.

And most importantly to the Callahans. Thanks to them we have amazing documentation of this event that we will all cherish in remembering this year as well as to help us make it the next 360 days until we get to do it all again!

I will also be able to share some pictures soon as the Callahans and their amazing photography clan have made a copy of many of the pics they took from the event for me and I will be able to post them. I hope to get some up tonight....tomorrow morning at the latest... keep watching

Diosa

Edited by Goddess in the Bodice

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

I had to take an inventory of my body and there is not much I did not manage to bruise or hurt. I say it shows how much fun I had. In fact Stynky and I made the big bruise on my leg into a treasure map, I had better make a copy before it goes away!!

Thank you everyone again for making it a wonderful event full of good memories!!!

Sheila forever!

Green, it's not a color, it'a obsession!!!

I had to take an inventory of my body and there is not much I did not manage to bruise or hurt. I say it shows how much fun I had. In fact Stynky and I made the big bruise on my leg into a treasure map, I had better make a copy before it goes away!!

Thank you everyone again for making it a wonderful event full of good memories!!!

Ouch - I was just thinking about your poor leg. You really do need to take a picture before it disappears.

Hmmm, no damage for the Merchant widow ~ not even a broken busk...

But my poor dead/undead husband ~ :o well, his shoulder was Loved a bit much here and there. Hugs were dispensed, and shoulder rubs as well ~ but everyone meant well. 'Twas just the rum ~

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

My injuries did not require an doctors visits, but I did take a picture of the gnarly back and blue my foot received when a certain cannon was rolled over it. heh And wearing heels today back at the office has been a less than delightful experience, alas. All the same, I would go back in a heartbeat and have another cannon rolled over my other toe if it meant having the much fun again!

Hummm... the only ouwies I got was where Capt. Jim kicked me on the shin during the Anne & Mary capture,(well he didn't do it on purpose I don't think....) and a bruise on my knee that I don't know where it came from....

It's still too early to sort out alla the cool things from PiP this year....I still in that kinda post-PiP WOW THAT WAS SO DANG COOL stage... Not a blur (well some of the drunken parts may be...) But more of a "Where do you start " kinda thing.....

My injuries did not require an doctors visits, but I did take a picture of the gnarly back and blue my foot received when a certain cannon was rolled over it. heh And wearing heels today back at the office has been a less than delightful experience, alas. All the same, I would go back in a heartbeat and have another cannon rolled over my other toe if it meant having the much fun again!

that can be arranged... :blink:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

that can be arranged... :rolleyes:

How soon?

Hmmm ...skinned one knee bruised the other. A few Ant bites itching like to be hives. Laryngitis. Feet swollen but not in pain. Sun burn is minor. All in all ...not bad.

I have the tankard of the young Scotsman by the name of Coates. I meant to leave it behind with the Bone Island Buccaneers but it is n the basket with my hat :sigh:

No damage control for us!! Even though I got dropped & fell on during the wench carrying olympics. This was my first PIP and Pirate Festival at that. I had a GREAT time and now I am HOOKED!! Thanks to the Callahans and my Pirate Family!! I will sure see you guys next yr and at other festivals. Eric "Stumbles" is deploying in April, but that is not stopping me from going. Thank You so much for the wonderful time that I had at my first PIP and Pirate Festival!!!

118DSCF8858PIP.jpg

StumblesCallahan's Wench,

(Crewe of the Sacred Heart)

Cannons are heavy...

foot.jpg

Dang!! Jessi you never even said ouch! You are one tough cookie. I remember Kate's skirt getting tangled in the wheel when we were backing her up, nut you never said a word about your toe. OUCH!!

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Hmmm ...skinned one knee bruised the other. A few Ant bites itching like to be hives. Laryngitis. Feet swollen but not in pain. Sun burn is minor. All in all ...not bad.

I have the tankard of the young Scotsman by the name of Coates. I meant to leave it behind with the Bone Island Buccaneers but it is n the basket with my hat :sigh:

ahhh Silkie alas it wasn't young Coates in yer basket :sigh:

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Dang!! Jessi you never even said ouch! You are one tough cookie. I remember Kate's skirt getting tangled in the wheel when we were backing her up, nut you never said a word about your toe. OUCH!!

Ye can thank me training at Disney University, wherein we had it drilled into our collective heads of knuckle that no matter what happens "on set", "guests" should never know anything is awry. So while one part of me may have wanted to hop around and drop a few choice obscenities, the fact that there was an audience precluded it.

MA d'Dogge, ye think me feet are big, ye should see me...... B)

And I only said something because the wool was sticking to the wheel and dragging me down with it....kinda like getting something stuck in a bicycle spoke....or the escalator at Macy's! LOL.

Banner.jpg

And I only said something because the wool was sticking to the wheel and dragging me down with it....kinda like getting something stuck in a bicycle spoke....or the escalator at Macy's! LOL.

perhaps the ladies should run the mortar next year "less moving parts" lol

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

Looks like foot injuries were the 'in thing' this year. Ladies, I do hope that you recover quickly.

My throat and lack of voice has plauged me since I've been back. Today, my throat is starting to turn sore. I am sure this means that I will loose my voice for a few days...not good when I talk on the phone for a living.

All in all...a few bruises; some from Maddogge's attempts to save me from drowning, one from Captain Sterling as he stumbled over me on Sunday night, an another from...Gosh, I haven't a clue how that bruise on my...erh...never mind...

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

stumbled over you?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/