Star of India on Ghost Hunters

LadyBarbossa

Not sure if this should be here or not. Oh, well.

Kept forgetting to post this. I enjoy watching Ghost Hunters on Sci Fi channel Wednesday nights and this past week's episode was the group of TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) out in California where they did a Paranormal Investigation on the ferry Berkeley and then the Star of India.

I have to say, it was an awesome episode! They didn't catch much but a couple disembodied voice apparisions and a possible movement they believed was NOT caused by the movement of the ship. I've heard of stories of the Star of India being haunted. Apparently, those of TAPS believe it, too.

T'was some good stuff they found.

Anyone been to the Star of India? If so, did you have any experiences there?

What other Tall Ships out there are haunted?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I've been on the Star and the Berkley many times and I have to admit, I have honestly never felt anything. Geeze there's people all over those ships all the time, except maybe late at night, but I know there are sleepovers for kids during the summer and there are movies shown at night during the summer on the Star. But it's the first I've heard of ghosts.

Hmmmm.......now I have to look at those ships a whole different way.

Dang, I wish I had known that show was on, I would have loved to have seen it!

Hehehehe....

TAPS debunked paranormal stuff on the Berkeley though they don't usually say "Yes it's haunted" or "No, it's not haunted" except in a couple of cases ( I religiously watch Ghost Hunters:) )

But they did find quite a bit and have some personal experiences on the Star of India. Especially that voice that was recorded upon the EVP or something like that said "get off my ship". There was mention on "Dirty Jobs" that the Star of India was haunted as well.

Be interesting to see what ya get next time yo'r on the Star of India, Rumba. :)

~Lady B

I saw this one as well..Really great episode and lots of history mentioned. I would love to visit the Star of India just to hear the footsteps and see the wheel move by itself...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Hehehe.... aye! Like the one of that supposed boy? I think it was a young lad. Apparently there are possibly 3 ghosts aboard the Star of India. Could be wrong on that though.

Eventually there will be a rerun of this one, folks. Unless someone has it up on YouTube already. Or somewhere at least.

~Lady B

• 2 weeks later...

I as well am a Ghost Hunters junkie, but found that episode, well, lacking....If they would tone down the 'mood' music, they maybe some of those EVP's/ footsteps, etc would be more audible. That being said, can I stay on the Star of India overnight? I promise to look for ghosts....

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

hey did anyone see the Ghost Adventure (travel channel) episode where they went to a place in Kentucky...Bobby Mackey Music World - Wilder, KY ... where some cult leader killed his girlfriend as well as other evil being done in the building.

During the investigation the guy got three scratches and they caught an apprarition on camera. VERY DARK shadow, but very visible.

then the guy was so shook up he went to a known Catholic priest in Kentucky and showed him the tapes and the scatches.

The Priest told him that ghosts are real and he has had to do some exorcisms in various areas in the world. He also told the GA rep what the three scratches represented, that the evidence provided stated that there was demonic activity in the building they investigated. That the place needed to be Excised and further that he felt that GA was playing with fire and should stop what they were doing..

It was clear that the GA guy was shook up.

OHHHHH...also, has anyone else seen the "Haunted History" series on the BIO channel?

They had a "Haunted Caribbean" episode, where they stated Blue Harbor in Jamaica is the most haunted spot in the world.

One of the tidbits on this episode had a guy that told of him staying at a B/B in Blue Harbor and one afternoon he went to take a nap, he woke up being choked by an apparition that apparently was a Pirate Ghost.

They had more then one person tell of strange goings on at Blue Harbor.

Anywho...BIO channel is on channel 482 on Insight here in Columbus. Check your local cable schedule for it in your area. Really cool stuff.

Edited by Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Sorry you are right, my bad...thanks for the correction... :(

The place they were talking about was the Bobby Mackey Music World - Wilder, KY

I will make the correction in the previous post. thanks

(Hey, I said I flip through channels...bad habit...sigh)

Edited by Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

I :heart: Zac and the boys, but they talk a big game until something happens.... The scratches were fawked up though...tooo creepy

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Yeah, I think the Priest could tell that the guy really shouldn't be doing it cause he had trouble handling it. but then the guy (not sure of his name) got all macho and said he felt it was a calling or something like that.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

My personal favorite is when they say they're not afraid, but take off running when something odd happens. But whatever, it makes for entertaining TV....

LMAO! Ghost Adventures is hilarious! I LOVe hearing the guys scream and run for their dear lives. My fav wasn't the musical place in Kentucky, but that vacant hotel that's in an attempt to being renovated in Nevada that is hilarious. That brick that went flying and they went running like frightened babies and got seperated, etc. Oh, the brick flying was nothing just their reaction was absolutely hilarious!

I missed the one about the pirate ghost though with Haunted Caribbean. Maybe they'll have it on again sometime.

TAPS has done rather well. I like a lot of their investigations. Even a couple of former 18th c places that were converted into restuarants mostly or something else.

But, aye, anyone who goes onto the Star of India, report on any creepiness or something unusual.

~Lady B

Well, not having seen the episode, I just have to say that on any boat, there are a lot of noises, movements, etc. that are unusual to those not accustomed to them. A wake, odd set of waves, etc. can make a boat move all sorts of ways, especially when tugging at mooring lines. Then, you're also in a large, steel hull that can alter and magnify all sorts of unusual sounds, from the boat itself creaking, to rubbing against fenders, and even the sound of other boats' motors as they pass. Add to that the age of the vessel, all sorts of rigging up top (wind can be another factor in both movement and sound), and people can hear almost anything. So, I guess my point is to be skeptical.

Coastie

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

I am not crazy about Ghost Adventures show. But Ghost hunters, Haunted History are cool. If its haunted I will visit and do touristy ghost tours in my travels. I do believe they are haunted.

ERIS

Welcome to my nightmare....

I have embraced my inner magpie. OOH SHINY!!

Aye Coastie you do have a point. At least TAPS goes in and debunks some of their cases. As for the GA that got scratched and was told he was playing with fire..some people are just magnets for such activity.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Ghost Hunters is a great show. Agree I like when they are able to debunk some things, but other things not. I also like the fact they aren't afraid. The recent addition of the two girls is rather amusing.

As for Ghost Adventurers, I quit watching it, it was too hokey, too stupid, and idiots that I want to slap upside the head a few times.

I did catch the brick flying incident and was slightly amused by the reaction of the guy who was watching the tape afterwards.

I agree with Rumba Rue. The guys on Ghost Adventures talk a big story but is usually too hokey with the big build up. I also quit watching that. I do watch Ghost Hunters and like that they do try to debunk. I also watch Most Haunted when on .

As for haunted ships, here in Baltimore we have the Constellation. It is said that it too is haunted, as well as Fort McHenry. I wouldn't mind investigating either if I had the chance.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

In Stamford,CT where I live a few historical spots The old Town Hall(under renovations) was a tavern and a gallows.The first one burned down in 1901 then they built the current one in 1905 been vacant since early 80's. The construction workers say stange things are going on since they dug up the part that was a gallows. We also have North Field Cemetery last person buried in 1935. We also had a witch trial same year as Salem 1692 but its not as well known. The town was established in 1641 but I can't find any records(even at the historical society) of hauntings anywhere. bummer.

ERIS

Welcome to my nightmare....

I have embraced my inner magpie. OOH SHINY!!