The Holidays....

The Holiday’s are a time of celebrating, sharing, loving, giving, receiving, reflecting and remembering. Whether you celebrate Yule, Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa this time of year is a special one.

I have many happy memories of my family and friends, but I especially remember them at this time of year. How my grandfather would always have a silver dollar for each grandchild. He would hide a silver dollar in his hand and we would each take turns guessing which hand he was holding the silver dollar. His blue eyes would sparkle with merriment at our consternation as we would try to beat him at his game of hide and seek. Or the memory of my mother’s cookies and candy that she made faithfully every year. My husband and I, our first Christmas together, he bought me a pistol and I got him a car jack. The laughter over this will always make me smile. And the memory of my son’s first Christmas and knowing how truly blessed I was with having such a sweet gift from Heaven.

I have come to realize through out my life that the meaning of the Holiday’s is the Spirit of Believing. To believe that every one is truly good at heart, that the milk of human kindness is still alive and yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. It is the belief of Unconditional Love, Unconditional Faith, Miracles and Magic.

In our world, our time is often busy and too short. As a result, we often times forget the true meaning of who we are and those we love and how much they mean to us. It is a time to remember and be thankful for the Blessings that we have been given.

And for me most of all it is a time to believe in the Magic of Spirit and the light it gives each one of us. The Hope that no matter how alone we may seem, we are never truly alone. For the Love of Spirit is always with us, surrounding us with glory and grace. And it is up to us, as individuals, to remember that we are all truly loved by Spirit.

So a toast, to All, in the Magic, Love and Holiday of Spirit, and Many Blessings full of Hope, Laughter and Joy.

Happy Holidays, Hugs and Blessings to All,

BriarRose

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

This season is gonna be a tough one.

My Grandma passed away at the end of September. Thanksgiving was rough and obviously felt strange which her not being there in the flesh. But we know she was there in spirit. I've attended a couple memorials in her honor. M' tears are difficult to be restrained as she lived a long life, filled with memories and she's no longer suffering from her lung issues. But we all cannot help but miss her utterly and terribly.

All in all, have SO many memories of the Holidays. Especially when I was younger, when all my grandparents and my great Grandma were still alive. Baking the Christmas cookies, decorating inside and outside, etc.

I do remember the year my parents divorced, the winter of '90, no one felt like decorating so I was designated to decorate. And a smashing job I did of it, too. The giant wreath on the garage, the paper sack luminares (?), etc. Took dedication to go out every night to light them and put them out as well as watch them to replace one when it burned (rarely happened). T'was the time gave m' mom a good Birthday (as her Bday is in December), Dinner, something else, and a horse-drawn carriage ride around the town which I had arranged during the town festival of lights. It was something mom says is one of her favorite memories. (all despite we get on each other's nerves).

My sister and I use to sleep "under" - generally next to - the Christmas tree when we were younger. T'was so innocent and pure, to go to sleep with all the lights flickering and glittering. The light, barely audible Christmas music playing. Oh, how we loved the Chipmunk Christmas Album. LOL.

Love Christmas songs! Transiberian Orchestra "Christmas in Sarejavo (?)" is one of my favs, along with "Believe" sung by Josh Groban, Oh and that "Train" song, I can't recall who narrates it, but it's not really a song, but more a story about a guy on a train, recalling his Christmas memories.

Again, love the Christmas songs.

Speaking of songs, last weekend was with my parents, my aunt, cousin and my nieces as we watch the Christmas parade in Washington, IA. They greatly enjoyed themselves, getting lots of candy. Afterwards we went on a horse-drawn hayrack ride, where an elderly lady was hoping to sing songs. So, what did we do? Start singing Christmas songs the whole type while on the hayrack ride. Oh, what fun it was. After that, went to a local restuarant and had supper.

Each year, if there is time and the weather is fair, we'd get into the van and go look at the lights. Don't know what it is about the lights, but they are fascinating. Especially when kids are with ya, then the moment is all the more innocent and pure.

Lots of creative people out there.

I just hope to inspire memories with others, my sister's kids (since I care for them while she works), and hopefully in the future, if God and the Fates are so willing to allow... my own family to create, share and inspire memories with.

All in all, it's the Holidays that have the most pure and sweet memories. Of family who are now too far away whom I barely seeand of those who are no longer with us. All in all, I love the Holidays.

Merry Christmas!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!