Middle Waters activity

Well, I don't have a lot of research at this point, but if I am going to continue with my kit, ( my brudder in crime has forbidden me to exit the game under penalty of flogging at his massive hand :D ) He wants to re-enter now after all these years. I am looking at what can be found in my region for this period. I have some few bits and pieces of info from French sources, and more from secondary historical writings, and a few Spanish journal entries. I want to really dig deep into what/who was around the Mississippi and west durin GAoP. I know there were some failed lead/silver mining attempts here in Missouri, and Arkansas Post was established as well. Some smaller posts that were short-lived and abondoned early, like Fort Orleans, and Kaw River post at the MO-KS border all before 1725. Sailors run-away during the construction of Ft Orleans and stories like that are what I have so far and will be looking for when I get time to study what I want instead of what I am assigned. Anyone else out here in the middle interested in getting involved with this?

Bo

Well, I don't have a lot of research at this point, but if I am going to continue with my kit, ( my brudder in crime has forbidden me to exit the game under penalty of flogging at his massive hand :angry: ) He wants to re-enter now after all these years. I am looking at what can be found in my region for this period. I have some few bits and pieces of info from French sources, and more from secondary historical writings, and a few Spanish journal entries. I want to really dig deep into what/who was around the Mississippi and west durin GAoP. I know there were some failed lead/silver mining attempts here in Missouri, and Arkansas Post was established as well. Some smaller posts that were short-lived and abondoned early, like Fort Orleans, and Kaw River post at the MO-KS border all before 1725. Sailors run-away during the construction of Ft Orleans and stories like that are what I have so far and will be looking for when I get time to study what I want instead of what I am assigned. Anyone else out here in the middle interested in getting involved with this?

Bo

daft, i'm hitting buttons a little too quickly- oops.

Bo, i'm headed to the bowels of the virginia archives in a few weeks to check on some court proceedings of the period. since viginia was much larger then and came close to your area and folks traveled north and south along that route I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Edited by bbcddutchman

I don't know if it covers any of your neck of the woods, but every so often I pick up this book and consider buying it:

The Spanish Frontier in North America

http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/book.as...n=9780300059175

I have no idea if it is any good, but it sounds interesting.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this while searching for Arkansas Post journal entries and the like. It is an article on French/Indian marriage and metisism(?):

http://www.historycooperative.org/journals...65.2/duval.html

Some neat mentions of the period along in the article. Enjoy...

Bo