Walmart clerk dies by holiday shoppers

Christine

This is totally insane! Some people are completely screwed up! 200 people trying to get into a Walmart this morning broke down the doors, trampled a few clerks, killing one person and an unborn child. Check out the article here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27955316/

I feel for the families of the person who was killed, the poor pregnant woman who lost her child and those who were badly injured. What's really sick is while the clerk lay there on the floor, clearly dead with the emergency crew around him, people still continued to push their way into the store, not caring what had happened. What has happened to society? Is Christmas shopping so important that people don't care if others are killed or injured in the process? I'm sickened by this! :(

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Oh, aye, Christine. It is twisted. Conditioning generally that we see emergency personel, just keep going with yo'r lives and give them room. Well, even though someone is dead and personel is there, etc... there are a lot of people who just don't give a damn! Yes, sick, twisted, heartless, cruel, and unintelligent.

Goes to show ya... we are not civilized people, but human herds living by 7 Deadly Sins.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Oh, aye, Christine. It is twisted. Conditioning generally that we see emergency personel, just keep going with yo'r lives and give them room. Well, even though someone is dead and personel is there, etc... there are a lot of people who just don't give a damn! Yes, sick, twisted, heartless, cruel, and unintelligent.

Goes to show ya... we are not civilized people, but human herds living by 7 Deadly Sins.

~Lady B

Well said. I think the Walmart folks are in the blame as well on this. I know locally in Philly, there was a report that the Walmarts were having some huge discount on a certain flatscreen TV but only kept a few in stock. . .just to get those folks purchasing. . . they all but asked to be mobbed! Then when that brand ran out, people were literally fist fighting over who got the last one.

It's like creating a feeding frenzy for a thousand by bringing only food for two.

"what if jesus came back like that" kris kritoferson (sp) makes me ponder how a sciety can become so matrialistc as to not give a damn to people dying in front front of them. especally at o holiday time that boasts good will towards men and peace

just my twa pence

this is deeply saddining and distresing

salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

"what if jesus came back like that" kris kritoferson (sp) makes me ponder how a sciety can become so matrialistc as to not give a damn to people dying in front front of them. especally at o holiday time that boasts good will towards men and peace

just my twa pence

this is deeply saddining and distresing

salty

Salty m'dear, tis saddening but if folks only make the claim to peace on earth good will toward men, and not walk the walk, all it is, is just a lot of talk..any one can claim they are a hard working, caring, good person, but they can also claim they are a horse, doesn't mean they truly are one... what the season celebrates has nothing to do with folks that either don't believe in it or live by it...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Add to that the "heard" mentality.

I want to hear what some of those who did the trampling have to say. "I didn't realize he was there."? what else can you say ..."The guy before me stepped on the lump on the floor so I figured it was okay."? I have been thinking about it ...and I just can't fathom it. Boy I hope they have them all on camera and have held them.

The crowds keep me away anyway ...now I know why.

Well, to all of you. PEACE and LOVE. ....hmmm ...a tie dyed pyrate ...cool. :rolleyes:

With all the death related to holiday shopping, perhaps our glorious new regime of government can find a way to ban shopping, or maybe holidays altogether? I had to go for batteries for my beard trimmer last night and got hit in the heels by shopping carts three times, driven by over-anxious women shoppers barreling through the aisles without a care of who/what is around them. Tightly pinched faces and no expression of goodwill can be found anywhere about them. This happened two years ago also, and that time my boot got torn and a shopping cart was hurled twenty feet down the aisle as I proceeded to mouth-rape the woman behind it. They called police, but with my leather boot torn through and bleeding from my ankle, they told me to "just go home and no charges would be filed." I asked about my injury and boot, but all I got was a "sorry 'bout that, get a lawyer" attittude. I still see that woman around town occaisionally, and she turns red every time.

Bo

I don't want any more government regulation. I want us all to slow down. I want the gifts to come from the heart not the pocket book. I want parents to understand that no matter what the you do they CAN NOT buy a child's LOVE (bribe the kid perhaps to behave but not to love).

sigh

Peace to you all.

I cocoon from the beginning of November till the mid-January semi-annual sale at Victoria's Secret.

Why? A girl just can't have too much underwear.....oh! You wanted to know why do I cocoon!

See Captain Bo's answer for a good reason to sleep for two months.

Ho.

Ho.

Ho.

Taking on the world....one pair of boots at a time!

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...a lot of dreams....

Clearly this thread poster does not understand the necessity to buy that toaster oven before that creepy old lady behind you does. I also believe that Wal-mart is bankrupting America but that's another story.

Speaking of Wal-mart and if you like South Park.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/809/

Comedy episode. "Come on everyone, let's shop at Tru Value!"

edit:

I read the report but the unborn child was reported to be OK as was the mother. Not sure if that was a mix up.

There was also a shooting in Toys R Us the same day here in CA.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27957714/

Edited by Thequartermaster