Solomon Kane

TheBlackFox

He's not a pirate, he's a Puritan. I wonder how they'll dismiss the religious overtones?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Wow! This is great...I wonder if Kane plans to fight with Sir Richard Grenville ghost in this movie.

Oh, and Rachel Hurd-Wood is also in this movie. She played Laura, the last victim in the movie, Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I am a huge Kane fan, and at first I was really jazzed up for this movie. Both for the subject and being a fan of Purefoy. Then I started reading some rather scary press about the story being pretty much butchered to the point that it resembles Solomon Kane in name only. But let's hope for the best!

Here's another poster that shows they at least got the pistol and hat correct...

PH1r22668GWz39_m.jpg

newbannersigtar0db.gif

I have no doubts that they'll totally mess it up. But look on the bright side, maybe it will attract someone to the original stories. That's how I came to love Conan. Never read a single story until years after seeing the films. And wow, what a pleasant surprise.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

The images I have found make him look less like a Puritan swordsman and more like an extra from a strange hybid of Underworld/Van Helsing/Brotherhood of the Wolf/Ninja Assassin (what's with the rapier worn over the shoulder?). Worse yet, all the websites I consulted call him a "16th century Puritan", which is way too early for both Puritanism and flintlock pistols.

Whatever else happens, I can absolutely, positively guarantee 100% that he will spend all or most of the film with his chest bare. You know, just like REAL Puritans...

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

:D Ain't that the truth!!!

One of the big gripes I read on the various fan boy forums was that they might be ditching the rapier in exchange for some big clunky hanger or something....probably because it looks better on screen. Sort of the weapon equivalent of bucket boots. Which I noticed they've already given him as well....

newbannersigtar0db.gif