Pyrate Phylosophy

Desert Pyrate

Ahoy, and welcome to Eric the Desert Pyrate's Phylosophy Corner. We be answerin' them old questions all ye have. We've got ourselves two questions right now. Nigel be wantin' to know: "Just who is this Timmy Holloway they keep singin' abouts?" and Capt. Morgan be askin' "An' wht exactly did Cap'n Quint like swimmin' wif' bow legg'ed wimmin, anyway?" So have at it, ye salty pyrate thynkers. Post yer questions, post yer answers...

Nay! Let's have some REAL piratical philosophy!

Here's a gem:

"But what have we to do with the rights of kings or princes? Our business here is to choose a king for our own commonwealth, to make such laws as we think most conducive to the ends we design, and to keep ourselves from being overcome and subjected to the penalty of those laws which are made against us."

- A quote from Capt. Ned Low's Gunner: 1722.

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

A pirate named Captain Bellamy made this speech to the captain of a merchant vessel he had just taken as a prize. The captain of the merchant vessel had just declined an invitation to join the pirate crew:

"I am sorry they won't let you have your Sloop again, for I scorn to do any one a Mischief, when it is not for my Advantage; damn the Sloop, we must sink her, and she might be of Use to you. Tho', damn ye, you are a sneaking Puppy, and so are all those who will submit to be governed by Laws which rich Men have made for their own Security, for the cowardly Whelps have not the Courage otherwise to defend what they get by their Knavery; but damn ye altogether: Damn them for a Pack of crafty Rascals, and you, who serve them, for a Parcel of hen-hearted Numskuls. They villify us, the Scoundrels do, when there is only this Difference, they rob the Poor under the Cover of Law, forsooth, and we plunder the Rich under the Protection of our own Courage; had you not better make One of us, than sneak after the Arses of those Villains for Employment?"

When the captain replied that his conscience would not let him break the laws of God and man, the pirate Bellamy continued:

"You are a devilish Conscience Rascal, damn ye, I am a free Prince, and I have as much Authority to make War on the whole World, as he who has a hundred Sail of Ships at Sea, and an Army of 100,000 Men in the Field; and this my Conscience tells me; but there is no arguing with such sniveling Puppies, who allow Superiors to kick them about Deck at Pleasure."

;);):lol:;);):lol::lol:;)

When I want your opinion, I'll read it in your entrails!

Tis a wondrous thing, indeed, to have true historic figures as heroes... and REAL anarchists to boot!!! ARRRR! Words to live by! For some reason their words translate well to our times... :)

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

I always enjoyed this quote:

"An apt and true reply was given to Alexander the Great by a pirate who had been seized. For when that king had asked the man what he meant by keeping hostile possession of the sea, he answered with bold pride. 'What thou meanest by seizing the whole earth; but because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, whilst thou who dost it with a great fleet art styled emperor."

--St. Augustine, The City of God

:P Me whole philosophy can be summed up by that one-time pirate of popularity, John Lennon.

"They lept upon him and did smite him mighty blows about the head and shouted, 'We never liked you, all the years we've known you. You were never one of us, you know, Softhead!' They killed him, you know, but at least he didn't die alone."

It's getting darker... :huh:

Cap'n Slappy