When you were a teenager

Patrick Hand

In another forum, there is a thread where people posted photos of what they looked like when they were teenagers.... It's not as interesting/funny if you are still young, but fer us older Pyrates this is a hoot..... (well if ye drink 'nough rum it is....)

SO to start off......

This was back in 1976 when I was 18

Patt-1976-18.jpg

This is a year later when I was in the Army.

Patt-1977-19.jpg

This one is a bit later, no longer a teenager.... back when I was 24 in 1982

Patt-1982-24.jpg

I've got three pics from my teen years at the bottom of this page.

Neat pics Patrick! It's interesting to see the transitions of style throughout one's teen years. Thankfully, you didn't do the "wave bangs" too. ;):blink:

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

There were once photos o' me as a lad but I had th' courts seal them...for everyone's protection. So they can naught even be seen by going t' MySpace Page

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Patrick, I want to know the story of what happened between the Service and the bike! :blink: Bet it's a good one.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Morgan Dreadlocke, WOW... you could do that?........Best I ever did was run Cross Country.... but got a good story 'bout that tho....

Awh heck... might as well tell it now, because it was one of those things that changed how I think about things.....

My Senior year in High School (Santa Cruz), I had a friend from Harbor High; Bruce Hope.... at the last race/run of the season, I decided that I was going to beat him (as in run faster than him ... just to clarify that for some of you nasty perverts).... Anyway it was a figure 8 track... the first part/loop was 1 mile, then the last part was 3 miles..... It is/was always confusing at the start of any race, but I saw Bruce, and caught up and passed him..... for the rest of the race, he was just behind me, but our coach taught us to never look back..... Well I kept a good steady pace, but I could always hear him right behind me..... as we were getting closer to the finish line, I heard him picking up his pace.... dang... he ain't going to pass me... so I picked up my pace... NOW we are approaching the finish, and he starts to try to pass me.... no way.. I run faster... he runs faster... we get into a damn sprint for the finish line... NO WAY IN HELL IS HE GOING TO PASS ME NOW.... I'm about to puke.... but I push myself... Dang...STILL ABOUT TO PUKE...BUT HE AIN'T GOING TO PASS ME..............and I get to the finish line ahead of him.... gasping for air.... not quit puking..... and look behind me.......

I wasn't Bruce Hope... he fell out after the first mile.... it was Bob Barett (maybe SP) the Top runner from Harbor High......

We won the whole match and such....

Funny thing... If I'd have known it was Bob Barett, ... heck it would not have turned out that way... there was no way I could beat Bob Barett...... BUT I DID...... kinda like that Russian weight lifter that didn't know he was breaking the World record......

There are some thing that happen in life, that make you wonder..... this one is about how I think.... As I said/typed... If I had known it was Bob Barett, I couldn't have run faster than him... but because I didn't know it was him... I did......

I love that story about my life... and I sometimes forget it..... BUT DAMN... IT DID HAPPEN.... I DID DO IT..... YEY fer Patt......

(been felling sorry fer myself, and remembering that just kinda makes things a whole lot better......)

Patrick, I want to know the story of what happened between the Service and the bike! laugh.gif Bet it's a good one.

Awh... that one is easy..... when I was in Korea... Pan Mun Jom... "In Front of them all."... I was a Security Guard there.... Dang... I'm even in the North Koreans "Bad Boy Book" (both sides took pictures of "dangerous" or scary Guards,) I messed up a new North Korean guard's mind..... hey... cool he broke ranks and ran to his barracks .... I'm sure they shot him for that.....Once upon a time I was a bit of a bad ass.......The part that gets twisted is that I'm also a nice guy..... kinda messes with things.....

Biker just kinda followed...... and Hey... I was in a car vs. motorcycle accident (I was ridding a Honda 750 at the time).... broke my leg, cracked my skull, and got me the Harley..........

Yeah... I was a jerk... might have talked to Chainshot back then..... or gotten into a fight with him..... him being a trucker.....(That didn't type out right).... but back then the "game" suxed anyway......

My "History" is kinda fun..... I like where I am right now... (well there are a few things I would want changed) but for the most part.... I like who I am now.... what I will be in 20 years from now (other than 70) is still interesting.......

HEY... but Rensom.... and everyone else.... ya still gotta post yer embarisin' photos of wota geek ye use ter be....... that be th' rules........

(other that I'm guessing Ransom was always good looking... just with funnier hair...)

There are some thing that happen in life, that make you wonder..... this one is about how I think.... As I said/typed... If I had known it was Bob Barett, I couldn't have run faster than him... but because I didn't know it was him... I did......

I love that story about my life... and I sometimes forget it..... BUT DAMN... IT DID HAPPEN.... I DID DO IT..... YEY fer Patt......

*****You're right...yeah for Pat!

Patrick, I want to know the story of what happened between the Service and the bike! laugh.gif Bet it's a good one.

Yeah... I was a jerk... might have talked to Chainshot back then..... or gotten into a fight with him..... him being a trucker.....(That didn't type out right).... but back then the "game" suxed anyway......

****Oh, you guys would have gotten along just peachy. He's a nice guy too, but still got in bar fights when he was young. He was in Aggie back then (Agracultural (?) classes in high school/college, and raising cattle on campus), and everyone liked to try and beat on the Aggies.

My "History" is kinda fun..... I like where I am right now... (well there are a few things I would want changed) but for the most part.... I like who I am now.... what I will be in 20 years from now (other than 70) is still interesting.......

****Great attitude!

HEY... but Rensom.... and everyone else.... ya still gotta post yer embarisin' photos of wota geek ye use ter be....... that be th' rules........

*****LOL Okay, I'll dig some out this weekend and post them soon (shudder).

(other that I'm guessing Ransom was always good looking... just with funnier hair...)

;);) ;) Thanks for the compliment...I think. And you're right, I did have pretty funny hair! Still do! ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

No scanner....You guys are safe! ;) Very nice Patrick..

You could take a digital pic of them.

Then I really would be scary..but aye I could do that..hmmm..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I forgot I had so few pics of me that weren't far away or had me looking elsewhere - but I found some.

Here's me at fourteen goofing with my mum (I think I weighed all of about 95 pounds at the time):

me14.jpg

Here's me at eighteen, also with my mum (yes, we both had perms by that point):

me18.jpg

Here's me in my mid-twenties - I tried to compensate for the flash but there wasn't a heck of a lot I could do. Still pretty skinny:

me20s.jpg

And something incredibly rare - a recent picture of me not in garb and not hauling sails or throwing sharp objects. (Okay - so I'm getting ready to haul sails to go to the NorCal Faire...) If memory serves, I dyed my hair almost black for this event, which is why it is so dark.

Over thirty years older, three inches taller and thirty pounds heavier than the first picture!

MeNorCal.jpg

Edited by Red-Handed Jill

RHJMap.jpg

• 6 months later...

...Bumpity Bump

Me at 17 on a school trip to San Antonio. I'm the one flying through the air.

Eddie1981.jpg

...and one from when I was 18. I'm the bloody one :lol:

eddie812.jpg

How I look today.

t118_1209619619.jpg

Edited by CaptainSatan

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

Is that a Super Glide Mr. Hand?

Yeah.... I got it after a car made a left turn in front of me and cracked my skull and broke my right leg.....(well once my leg healed...)

Unfortunately, I sold it about 10 years age......

B) Do we really want to go there?!

Sorry...don't have a teenager shot as of the moment...but...

Okay...Here is a 1968 photo of my family. It was a Airforce requested photo from the Base Commander at the time. My father was up for transfer abroad (Europe) and we were told we had to take a family PassPort photo.

It was the 60's people...and the pixie cut was big! Can you guess which one is me?

:huh:

2966417933_6f992fd687.jpg

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

B) Do we really want to go there?!

Sorry...don't have a teenager shot as of the moment...but...

Okay...Here is a 1968 photo of my family. It was a Airforce requested photo from the Base Commander at the time. My father was up for transfer abroad (Europe) and we were told we had to take a family PassPort photo.

It was the 60's people...and the pixie cut was big! Can you guess which one is me?

:huh:

2966417933_6f992fd687.jpg

Well, the second lass from the left is striking a rather dramatic pose...

I didn't do the pixie cut in the 60's, but I did have a mini skirt and go-go boots. :huh:

RHJMap.jpg

Well, the second lass from the left is striking a rather dramatic pose...

That would be my older sister Paula..."The Golden Child" as the rest of the siblings like to refer to her. We love to tease her when we talk about her career. "What does Paula do for a living? Someone may ask. We love to say..."Oh, she's a professional drug dealer." In truth...she works for a major pharmaceutical company on the East Coast.

I didn't do the pixie cut in the 60's, but I did have a mini skirt and go-go boots. B)

Really!? I wore those in the 80s?!

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"