Help! Looking for shoe buckles (got a broken one)

Hey folks -

Unfortunately a buckle was cracked on my one and only pair of shoes I plan to wear to PiP. Do any of you have suggestions as to a good sturdy pair I should get (type of metal or sheen matters not). :blink:

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Hey folks -

Unfortunately a buckle was cracked on my one and only pair of shoes I plan to wear to PiP. Do any of you have suggestions as to a good sturdy pair I should get (type of metal or sheen matters not). :blink:

Gentleman of Fortune has some nice ones... don't know if he still does, but they are beauts!

Otherwise, Jas Townsend has a wide selection and generally ships fast.

http://jas-townsend.com/index.php?cPath=18...e13ab8571746555

Others?

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

This is a bit of a pickle (and I haven't properly worn these shoes yet)! Unfortunately the shoes only have one latch that crosses over the instep, and that is connected to the other side of the shoe by a strip of elastic. I'm now unsure how a new buckle (any I've seen so far) could be properly fitted to the shoe. I'd have to find one with a middle strip that snaps in and out.

*sighs* Or I try my soldering tool to see if I can fix this original buckle. The middle part (tucked behind the back of the latch) broke off, and the buckle itself is cracked at the bottom, all the way through.

Edited by Cpt Sophia M Eisley

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Those are some good places to look for buckles.

Also check out G Gedney Godwin and Fugawee for buckles. Fugawee has a nice selection.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!