Current projects?

Pew

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank ye. T'was my hope and purpose t' write down in it at events mostly. May keep some fictional info in there, too, to add pages to it t' look more realistic.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Lady B tis lovely and so is the quilted confection you showed off! Now if only I had a talent...

ok I have to post the unfinished pic of it..mind you this is already finished and Haunting Lily and Edward O'Keefe are already in possesion of it.

PICT2273.jpg

It was going to be a christmas tree skirt but it ended up as a wall hanging. This is hand painted canvas and it took me oodles of time to paint it. Captain William hopefully I can ship yours and Lady B's out soon as well. And yes I do make and sell these.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Turning this...

Chest19.jpg

into a captain's sea chest...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Coolies, Dorian. Can't wait to see pictures of the finished product. :)

And that is SO TOTALLY AWESOME, Syren! :) Wow... so freakin' wicked.

Can't wait to see the other goodies ye've done.

~Lady B

Other things Im hand painting

PICT2431.jpg

The handles on this bag will be changed out to blue and the back of this bag is all black.

PICT2434.jpg

The turtle on this one is being re-done..my wee one bumped me. But the bag will look all wood on the back.

Re-exposureofPICT2421.jpg

The front of this bag is a lone treasure chest washed ashore.

The back shows a treasure map with the words "A Pirate's Life For Me" and has beaded fringe across the top.

Re-exposureofPICT2419.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I just gotta say, awesome work, everyone!

Syren, you need to start selling your hand painted stuff on either Ebay or Etsy. Seriously! It's just really great!

Lady B — The ship's log is very kewl. Keep it up!

I feel like such a slacker! :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Well . . .

Since you asked . . .

I am making my 2009 Scion xB into a Scottish pirate sloop. It is named "Highland Revenge."

P1010216.jpg

On my list of things to do:

Headliner in gray tweed

"Deck" interior

Cannons in passenger windows (roped in authentic style on collapsible carriages)

Closed cannon ports on side (doors on magnetic material)

Red "wales" lines (pinstripe vinyl)

REAL cannon for "brag board," to be set in front (offered by Scikotics member in North Carolina)

Tartan accents (probably red and black Wallace tartan) on the interior

Custom flag to be flown from pole strapped to antenna (am currently using several smaller (12"x18") ones of popular flags.

Bilge rats (from IKEA) in various places in box

Sea Chests -historic style, in gray or tartan (used to hold ACTUAL clothes and stuff during show, maybe build one from a cooler)

Plus, I'll have several mini-pirate sloops rigged and in same colors as Highland Revenge scattered through interior

Many ideas coming, but not sure how they will look.

The start:

P1010029.jpg

From

P1010105.jpg

Any ideas?

Edited by Tartan Jack

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Getting the stuff needed to camp out at the next PiP...plus sewing enough outfits to wear at it...*le sigh

Outfits...plural. Most people just stink up the same clothes over a week, so you're already doing more than most.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

ditch the 8 ball gear shift and get a belaying pin. wrap the wheel in a knotwork of some sort.

The (8) is already rubbed off (using the nail-polish to remove tempo print trick) to a solid black. It was a "quick fix" to replace the AWFUL stock one.

I'm looking for usable alternatives and the belaying pin might work.

I had thought of that, but wasn't sure how it would work . . .

Edited by Tartan Jack

Thank ye, MacNamara.

Ye have NO idea how many tests and trials I went through for the wording of the page though. It's been a couple years since I've picked up a quill pen and dipped it in ink and done some serious writin'.

~Lady B

Thank ye, MacNamara.

Ye have NO idea how many tests and trials I went through for the wording of the page though. It's been a couple years since I've picked up a quill pen and dipped it in ink and done some serious writin'.

~Lady B

You log looks AWESOME!!!!

I need to redo my log . . .

It looks shameful in comparison to THAT!

Thanks, Gents. But that's about th' extent of th' Log book I've gotten with it. I've been writing down on a regular pad of paper the wind, weather and whatever else. But I haven't had much opportunity to do much else in the actual recreated log book yet.

Would fancy seein' other log books. :) After all, recreating these replica ones are a work of art.

~Lady B

well lets start with this.... axles had epoxy and were drying. just a little more paint to go!!

0510091557.jpg

and just so folks know we don't starve on our work days at the Seaport Shop..... mmmm yummy. enchaladas and creme brulle (sp?)

0510091234.jpg

Edited by bbcddutchman

• 2 weeks later...

Sea Chest refurb...

Due to the 'fine scottish weather', I had to put up a 'tent'...

But good progress has been made...

P5210047.jpg

Several layers of horridly slapped on paint has been removed, fresh paint applied...

Brass and other fittings removed and cleaned.

So far, so good...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, all of my projects are Steampunk Airship Pyrate.... (I gotta get everything ready for the Airship Pyrate Invasion on Sunday, at Nor. Cal......)

I'm making something for "the Gentleman's (and others) Challenge" in the Steampunk Forum (Brass Goggles).... I can't say what it is yet, but I will post pictures on or about the 12th.... (it's coming out really really cool... I'm using about three gallons of Awesome sauce to make it.... :D )

I also have to finish my California Republic Pyrate Bear Flag....I just have to draw in the crossed bones, and airbrush the red in the mouth, and sew the grommets....

I have to double check if the California Republic ID cards will work when I type them out......

And .... I want to paint the picture of Columbia on the back of my "Combat Vest".......

<less than three weeks, and I still have a lot to do, to get it all done in time....(that's why I haven't been posting much Golden Age Pyrate stuff......>

Still have to paint my small flintlock pistol cap gun for my airship pyrate garb. I experimented with some gold paint on the hammer part, and, uhh, it didn't come out so good, so I have to kinda scrub it down and repaint it with better gold, then paint the stock dark red. I want to try and put black tattoo-like designs over the red, then add a small brass latchhook to the end of the stock, so I can clip the gun to my belt. The barrel I left black.

I'm also going to go by the Forestry Dept. and pick up some topo maps of So. OR and No. CA, kinda mess them up so they look really used, then add bombing target marks. (I am the bombardier of the Columbia's Revenge).

After Nor Cal, I'm going to start on redoing the big wooden chest I got at a garage sale for only $20.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

For myself, reworking a dagger to a diamond section 16th C parry dagger. Rebuilding my belt rig to include a pouch for period cleaning and sharpening supplies.

For the shop, baldrics, a couple of cutlasses, some cartridge boxes, and some boot knives.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Today I'm working on completing my design for a bombardier patch for my airship pyrate coat. Patch is about halfway to being finished and ready to sew on.

Then later this afternoon I need to distress the Land Use map I got from the Forestry Dept. It will be my bombing targets map.

This airship thing is just so much fun. :unsure:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg