Yuletide Gift Exchange

Greetings all,

I couldn't remember if we'd ever discussed doing our gift exchange this year or not before the old pub crashed. So, nosy pirates are wondering .... are we doing the Secret Santa Gift Exchange this year? If so, count me in to participate! Rumba and GoF - are you all still running it?

Just curious...

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Honestly I've come to the conclusion after the last couple of years that since a few always seem to not receive anything from promising participants, that perhaps we shouldn't do it anymore.

Last year we didn't have very many (two people never received anything) and I suspect that number will go down with the economy the way it is.

If any of you truly want to do this, let me know, I still have a list of people's addresses from the previous years....unless you've moved.

Rumba

I don't mind signing on if it's a go. And even my husband, Chain Shot, who was one of the members who got stiffed by their Secret Santa (For which Rumba stepped up to the plate and made good on), wants to play again. Maybe if we extend the time required as a member to six months, or longer, in order to play, things might be a little better? Just a suggestion.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I'd like to wait and see who else responds to this as interested.

If enough people participate, I have a new thought of how to do this.

*Note if you go to Renaissance and this particular thread under Squires Tavern, the thread, Winter Exchange winter exchange and see if this might work for us here.

Would like to hear your comments.

Rumba

The structural organization is similar to what we've done here in the past and I believe that has worked just fine.

I'm not at all interested in having to publicly answer questions about likes and dislikes. To me part of the interest in this is what we manage to dig up from pub history about each other or what entirely random things we choose to send. Surprise is part of the fun. :)

I agree that filling out a 'form' as to what one likes and dislikes on a public forum for all to see just strikes me as a bit odd. I guess I'm not part of the crowd that blogs as I prefer my privacy.

But I can say with certainty that that kind of stuff won't be made public here.

Despite I be uprooted from m' former flooded out port... and bein' tossed upon rocky shores... I think I might toss m' name into th' pot this year. Alas, I won't be able t' bestow one with a massive treasure.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

So far only 14 people........

That's really not enough for this to work out, however those who have said they want to do it again, we could have just a small one between us.

**HOLY SH*T we just had an earthquake while I'm sitting here typing this.......just a small jolt....had a small one around 3:48 this morning....

Bein' new...ish here, I don't know how it works and would be needing instruction and direction ("Lady, tis what I yearn for!", said Ben Avery to Anne Bonny), but having said that, I might be interested. I think I can find a few items of interest in my Plastic Drawers of Wonder...

Damn, thats sharp!

I am sad to say, the Yuletide gift exchange will not happen.

First, just not enough interest, second all my stuff is packed and we will hopefully be moving stuff come Thursday and all week during Thanksgiving and after.

Also, it's kind of late to get this going.

I will do the gift exchange next year.

Sorry, Murphy's Law speaks louder than anything else right now. :(