A Key West Legend Lost

hurricane

If you've ever been to Captain Tony's during PiP and met Captain Tony, you would have never forgotten your encounter. Always filled with tall tales and a love of the ladies, the good Captain died Saturday at the age of 92.

It's a shame many of you will never get to meet him... he was a real part of the old Key West.

http://cbs4.com/local/captain.tony.key.2.854313.html

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

A true legend lost.. Perhaps a "piratical wake" pub crawl to Captain Tony's to pay our respects is in order. Full Dress and Full Tankards, just as he would have wanted. Any takers?

Aye lass, I be up fer dat one.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Don't ye all know that a Legend never dies? He just goes on ahead...

So here's to Capt. Tony: He lived a great life on this Earth and God only knows what he'll get away with next. Cheers on ye mate.

Himself, trying to steal my wench. (2005)

i4294C33A-365D-4DB9-B0A9-32DE59AA0EF7.jpg

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

His funeral takes place this Saturday. Our Conch Republic Army, Air Force and Navy forces will participate in the parade, along with the public, from St. Mary's Church to Captain Tony's Bar. Once at the bar, the Army will fire a cannon salvo to remember our late Prime Minister/Mayor.

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

My thoughts and prayers to Captain Tony's family and condolences to the people of Key West.

I didn't get to meet him but I did spend a fair amount of time trying to get a quarter in that blasted fishes mouth. I'll get it this year.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Here's the link to the raw video shot by the Miami CBS affiliate at Capt. Tony's memorial this afternoon. You'll see our cannon firing a shot in his memory. Cannon fired on Greene Street--another first for us!!

http://cbs4.com/local/key.west.conch.2.859713.html

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

Tis a sad day but he shall live on in all those who knew him and in all those who ever looka round his pub and think "what a life"

A true legend lost.. Perhaps a "piratical wake" pub crawl to Captain Tony's to pay our respects is in order. Full Dress and Full Tankards, just as he would have wanted. Any takers?

Tis a grand idea! What day?

I was thinkin' Friday after the Pirate's Choice Pub Crawl, say on the way to Pat Croce's Rum Barrel Pirate Party. I love the idea of the Black arm bands and perhaps a black ribbon fer the ladies in the group. I think that would be quite well done, I'll bring fabric fer arm bands and ribbon. It can also stand for anyone who has lost someone this year, a memory to all that love us and support our piratin' ways.

What say ye?

I was thinkin' Friday after the Pirate's Choice Pub Crawl, say on the way to Pat Croce's Rum Barrel Pirate Party. I love the idea of the Black arm bands and perhaps a black ribbon fer the ladies in the group. I think that would be quite well done, I'll bring fabric fer arm bands and ribbon. It can also stand for anyone who has lost someone this year, a memory to all that love us and support our piratin' ways.

What say ye?

good idea...since i'll be wearrin one anyway.....i'm in

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

I'm in and, as Maddogge suggested, for the duration.

What be the protocol; right or left arm? I believe it is the left but I couldn't say why.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...