Halloween Costumes?

Rogue Mermaid

Like I do every year... just wear one of my period outfits. That is IF i do something like take my sister's kids out trick or treating. Otherwise, I don't dress up.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

darkhelmet.jpg

Hahaha that is classic, Rogue. Do you always drink coffee while watching radar?

For the first time I will be building a display house so I don't have to dress up like a scary person and scare others. Luckily I get to wear my yaaaaaar outfit. Not period, but still fun. I'll be posting pictures of myself and the house by the weekend. Yaaar!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130264973027

these were my theater costumes I have gypsy and wench Costume articles I will work with this year

awhile back i was very catty

catgirl.jpg

Edited by Crows Nest Vintage

"Your pieces of eight Ye Wager soon, I shall be sparkin' some Pirate art by the light of the Moon"

May the schwartz be with you. (If Rick Moranis had legs like that he'd have had a whole different career...)

I am being myself. I'll be sitting on a friend's porch like I do every year drinking wine and counting the number of kids in cool costumes.

I celebrate Halloween vicariously through my various props. this year's prop is probably sitting in Fort Taylor in Key West, celebrating the holiday at Fantasy Fest this year for me. I don't have a pic of the whole thing assembled yet; I am waiting for Harry at the fort to take one and get it to me. So be sure and scroll to the bottom of the page to see what the final pirate corpse looks like. :D:D

http://www.markck.com/images/Piracy/Gibbet...ed%20Pirate.htm

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yes, and I make sure to lock my door when I play with my dolls :P

May the schwartz be with you. (If Rick Moranis had legs like that he'd have had a whole different career...)

Yup, being a female Dark Helmet didn't have quite the same effect as a male one. I had on "nerd" glasses under the visor and when I flipped it up everyone kept telling me how cute I was. I was also told that some people thought I was Harry Potter dressed up as Darth Vader. I told those people that watching Space Balls needed to be high on their priority list!

Edited by Rogue Mermaid

Yes, and I make sure to lock my door when I play with my dolls :P

"HEY! Those are the guys that stole our uniforms!

...And beat the $@#? out of us too!"

Does not work for our conversation, but I had to get my favorite quote out there some how.

I'll probably dress up as a cowboy ., then when all the dust settles I'll return to "The Pirate".

PICT0564.jpg

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I'll probably dress up as a cowboy ., then when all the dust settles I'll return to "The Pirate".

PICT0564.jpg

Very nice..my dad created the Boot Hill Gang when I was little and they traveled all over doing gun fights and such.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Very nice..my dad created the Boot Hill Gang when I was little and they traveled all over doing gun fights and such.

I bet it was a blast for them Black Syren ., and fond memories for you ! I think thats awesome.

Harbormaster! I forgot you did this as well...Happy Haloween sah!

Of course Red Cat Jenny ., A Dive Pirate and a Cowboy ., Say it isn't so love !

please anyone ., more pics of Halloween costumes ., mayhem., and perhaps even madness.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

:lol: I'm kinda in a panic now, 'cause I was thinking I had nothing to wear a costume for. Then yesterday my writer's group decided that since Halloween fell on Friday, our regular meeting day, we should all dress up! Yikes! Nothing like waiting until the last minute. LOL I don't really want to go as a pirate, since I do that the rest of the year, and they have already seen my garb. So, I may have to break out the old SCA costume boxes and see what still fits after twenty years! Especially the equestrian doublets.

Elizabethan courier, maybe? That way I can avoid voluminous skirts while trying to drive.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

9mmsailor-1.jpg

This is my favorite sailor outfit, this belongs to my dad, The gun is my first mates, if he shoots it, he can reload it.

Thank Ye Red Cat Jenny for the compliment. All the colors of the sunset as gift for Ye, Faire Winds

Edited by Crows Nest Vintage

"Your pieces of eight Ye Wager soon, I shall be sparkin' some Pirate art by the light of the Moon"

Thats a neet outfit Vintage...kinda Anime meets retro bond..I like it!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Well I wore my ears all day at work..

Actually they're kinda comfortable :)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Well I wore my ears all day at work..

Actually they're kinda comfortable :)

I always wear my ears... If I took them off, I might misplace them, and would then have to comb my hair differently...... :P

I got a picture taken of my MaD SciEntest outfit last night.... now I have to get a copy when they are downloaded..... then I can post it.....

I bet it was a blast for them Black Syren ., and fond memories for you ! I think thats awesome.

Oh indeed it was..I loved watching them..I wanted to join in and I wish my dad still did such for my mother always forbid my participation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

BWAHAHAHAHA gotta share this one. I'm in the office and one of the uniformed officers calls in a drunk in public. I wander down the block and shure enough drunk guy is cuffed and sitting on the curb. I kind of hang back a bit while the two uniformed officers are dealing with brain child. I kid you not! "DUDE, those are costumes, its halloween- you're not real cops. you can't arrest me." well seems he tried the same line with the magistrate who found it just as funny as we did and placed him in a real jail till monday morning. Sad part is, the officers were going to call him a cab and send him home until he got stupid.

I was a medieval sorceress

sorry don't have a pic of me in the outfit yet

Edited by Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Well I was going to dress up as a wild west persona as I have all the gear, but my wee lad decided he wanted me to be Little red riding hood. So, I was Little Red Riding Hood this year for him. Luckily I had the garb for that one too.

It was a lot of fun going trick or treating with him this year. He was such a joy. A definite memory for my heart. He was very polite thanking every one for the candy and goodies he received. And he would often tell the kids around him that he liked their costumes.

He was Bob the Builder on Thursday night and Friday night when I went out with him as Little Red Riding Hood, the wee lad was Batman.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...my Halloween costume kept me from the Internet for around a month. I'd guess I put in over a hundred hours of work on it, what with the sewing and embroidery of the blouse (persnickety sash, and monkey vest). The rest I bought through various merchants. I plan on a second version of the blouse starting early next year for the SD Comic Con.

Here I am, as Marion Ravenwood (first pic is Epcot, the streets of Marrakesh).

INox-Marrakesh.jpg

Picture_009.jpg

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...