Real Pirates

Capn Bob

I have earlier this day acquired new booty...uh...personal order, thru the library wherein I work. This is the book "Real Pirates: The Untold Story of the Whydah", by Barry Clifford. The book is dedicated to John King. It's a children's book, to be sure, so there's little information in here that's new, for those in the know. However, there's some very good illustrations and photos between the covers (altho the audience, or "gloaters", at the pirate trial depicted appear to be more 19th century than early 18th...don't ask me why.)

For those curious, here's a link to the Amazon page---> http://www.amazon.com/Real-Pirates-Untold-...8123&sr=1-1

Damn, thats sharp!

I have earlier this day acquired new booty...uh...personal order, thru the library wherein I work. This is the book "Real Pirates: The Untold Story of the Whydah", by Barry Clifford. The book is dedicated to John King. It's a children's book, to be sure, so there's little information in here that's new, for those in the know. However, there's some very good illustrations and photos between the covers (altho the audience, or "gloaters", at the pirate trial depicted appear to be more 19th century than early 18th...don't ask me why.)

For those curious, here's a link to the Amazon page---> http://www.amazon.com/Real-Pirates-Untold-...8123&sr=1-1

It isn't half as interesting as actually having seen the exhibit in Philadelphia. I so wish I could have photographed everything there, but there were guards in the exhibit rooms in every corner, enforcing the photo ban like Gestapo. The sawed-off muskets, the plates, the enomous collection of concreted artifacts yet to be lifted out of the chunks of sediment, the roomfull of pieces of eights...sigh.

BTW, the same book is actually sold in Barnes & Noble, but I bought mine at the museum.

Edited by Matusalem
SHIP2-1.jpg