Lost another freind and neighbor

You all know I ain't a religious feller, and that I can be a real pain in the ass. Tonite we lost our dear freind and neighbor Cowboy Ken, a real true cowboy living his dream. he was riding this old paint that he was sure he could turn into a good horse, out with his sister. as i was typing here earlier, he was thrown and stepped on just down the road. Whe his sister came up screaming I ran down to where he lay, but he was already riding the high trail. My wife trains at his ranch and she is devastated.

I ain't askin for me, but if you all have a moment to think of his family, I know they'd sure appreciate it. He was the best of us and never had a mean thought nor a bad word for nobody. He was like a dad to my Jennifer, and a good spirit all through. He died a cowboy with his boots on, and we should all be so fortunate as that.

Ride hard cowboy, keep a fire lit so's we can all find our way in.

Bo

To our good freind;

Cowboy no need to leave so soon.

You could ride by the light of the moon.

But if you need the light of day,

well, I guess that'll have to be ok.

I sure wish you'd stick around

so we could cover alot more ground.

But if you must be on your way,

I sure will miss you...

"Cowboy 'K'"

I guess I ain't no cowboy if cowboys ain't supposed to cry.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

You shed your tears for a good friend. Nothing wrong with that. Only natural.

As you said, he died with his boots on. Beats slowly wasting away in a hospital bed.

You have my condolences, Bo.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I'm right there with the lot of them, My condolences to His family, and to You and Yours... To all those that knew him well...

And an Irish prayer for him;

May the Road rise to meet you

May the wind be always at your back

May the sun shine warm upon your face

May the rains fall soft upon your fields

And until we meet again

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Thank you all. I have passed along all the thoughts and such. The hardest part is letting go. We still have to help with the herd and with getting things in order. His lady-friend of course don't want to stay out there all alone, and the Sister says she can't keep up with the place as she lives/works in KCMO. looks like it will be sold off. That will be hard too as Ken put so much into the place making it a professional training ranch. we are so far out and isolated that I'm afraid someone will get it that won't appeciate what it is and will wreck it all. nothing we can do but wait and see. The horses are another point of dread. There is no market for them now. we turn down free horses on a regular basis these days as folks cannot afford to maintain them anymore. Sad times ahead for sure. But thanks for all the support my pyrate friends.

Bo

I"m sorry, my friend.. I know your friends mean much to you and you will miss him greatly.. I'll think of you and them this weekend and send a few healing thoughts your way.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Again, thanks to all my pyrate friends. In the morning, we are saddling up to ride down to the ranch and meet up with other freinds, neighbors, and his son and other family members. He was cremated and we are riding to the high pasture to spread his ashes as he wished, same place as his fathers was years back. Gonna be a long day.

Bo

So sad... when it gets painful, remember the fun times and be thankful for them.

In some way, I think we'll all be right there with you on that high pasture. And he will too. I'm not so much of a religious guy either, but I don't think it takes a religious guy to know our spirits are all connected, that we all share a common bond.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.