For Any Capt. Kidd Fans...

Capt. Morgan

I made a trip to my book store / music store / cafe yesterday, and found two books to spend my Christmas gift cards on...

The first is called "Return to Treasure Island: the Search for Captain Kidd". The author, Barry Clifford, sponsored by the Discovery Channel, searches for the sunken pirate vessel "Adventure Galley", Captain Kidd's flagship. Interspersed through the tale of the recovery effort is a lot of good info on Caribbean pirates in general, and Capt. Kidd specifically. I'm only a few chapters into it, but its great so far...

Secondly, I found a book called "The Pirate Hunter", an historical account of Capt. Kidd versus Robert Culliford, a man who caused two mutinies against Kidd... and come to find out, Culliford is being backed by the British as well as the East India Company... I haven't read too much yet, but the parts I have read are easier to read and just as interesting as "Under a Black Flag"...

Just me two doubloons worth fer some interestin' readin' fer us pyrate types as we swill rum, curled up by the fire on these cold winter ev'nin's... hopefully with an attractive buccaneer o' the opposite sex... any takers? AAAARRRRRRR!!!

:ph34r:

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

I've been looking for the other two, but no success yet... maybe eBay or Amazon... Return to Treasure Island is fantastic so far, and I'm glad to hear about Pirate Hunter... !

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."