"King of the Pirates"

Fox

Heads up,

"King of the Pirates", the first full-length account of Henry Every and his piracies has just been published and is now available to buy.

Amazon

51qQg-NOaFL._SS500_.jpg

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Cool. Got mine. Where'd you get the cover art from?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I wish I had seen the Pirate Brethren thread some time ago...the first thing I noticed is that the prey has the weather gauge...

Nevertheless, I shall support my local pyrate and order said book.

Edit: Have ordered, along with Master Foxe's other book on pirate flags etc.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

WARNING. Despite the fact the pirate flags book is apparently available on Amazon, it does not actually exist yet! Don't fall foul of internet pirates!

King of the Pirates and "Pirates of the West Country" ARE both available (though the latter apparently only via Amazon UK).

Mission, the cover art was commissioned for the book from my good friend Craig Long. The prey having the weather guage was an artistic decision rather than an historical one, to give a better view of the Fancy.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

I presumed the artistic representation, which is why I still view historical portraits/paintings with a measure of skepticism: Painters have been doing that sort of thing since cave drawings. That bison that Ogg brought down wasn't nearly that big, he was just trying to impress Oggette...

As for the book "Jolly Rogers: Pirate Flags, Pennants, Ensigns, and Banners (Hardcover)

by E. T. Fox (Author)" that I found on Amazon and that Foxe (the author) says doesn't exist, I will keep you all posted as to what it is that I recieve for my hard-earned and possibly misspent doubloons.

3ff66f1f.jpg

As for the book "Jolly Rogers: Pirate Flags, Pennants, Ensigns, and Banners (Hardcover)

by E. T. Fox (Author)" that I found on Amazon and that Foxe (the author) says doesn't exist, I will keep you all posted as to what it is that I recieve for my hard-earned and possibly misspent doubloons.

Package arrived last Friday. Contained an invoice for the correct book but included the wrong book, some romance drivel, so I can't report on what it is that is going on with the Flags book.

Got King of the Pyrates today.

3ff66f1f.jpg