Fort de Chartres

Here is the link to the fort's site:

http://www.ftdechartres.com/page/page/5964768.htm

Come out and help us show support for this great site and event. The state of Illinois is threatening to close most of it's historic sites and lay off the workers due to a pissing contest between the irresponsible governor and the state legislature. Many of us have already written e-mails and letters to both sides expressing our concern and reminding them of how much money is generated at the sites and how it affects local economies. we also circulated several petitions and so far we gained an extention of the closing date from Oct. 1st to November. This is a big event and lots of fine craft people and vendoers attend. The shoot is well worh the time to put together a team I promise you! Bring them rusty muskets and blow out the cob-webs!

Bo

Wow

It looks like a great event at a cool site! I hope you get a lot of participation, and I know you will do your part to hold up the authentic pirate end.

Good luck!

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Well then come on down and play, we can have a pyrate crew on the woodswalk this year. Don't make me do this alone guys & gals. Greg, surely you can hop across the pond for a couple of days? :lol:

Anyhow, this event has grown to major proportions since its inception several years ago and is one of the best colonial events in the middle waters country. Shopping is great at this one too, so even if you don't shoot, there is plenty of artisans and vendors about. It's a good time for all so make the effort if you can.

Bo