Barbossa Saber Finally

CaptJackSparrow

I recieved an answer today regarding my inquiry into the Barbossa Sabers. I can get these at a reduced price in either long or short blade for those that are interested. The only problem is I do have to meet a minimum. The minimum is 6 pieces and priced at $76.00 +ship. PM me a note if you would like to speak fer one. I got the first one 5 to go :ph34r:

Jack

Ok, I missed the beginning of this somewhere. What's the backline of this thread.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Did they give you any of the specs? Having to acquire (to retire) :D swords I can work with... I'm thinking these may not be *battle ready* at such a price.

Did they say if these could be functional or are they just to wear for the glory of the piece? ;)

Any additional info would be welcome!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Did they give you any of the specs? Having to acquire (to retire) :blink: swords I can work with... I'm thinking these may not be *battle ready* at such a price.

Did they say if these could be functional or are they just to wear for the glory of the piece? :ph34r:

I agree. Need more info about the steel used, point of balance, tang width, etc. The price seems to good to figure as a good usable piece. I've had several custom swords made for me over the years and each has run at least $400. Even decent production-line items of high quality carbon steel will cost $200-$300.

Did they give you any of the specs?  Having to acquire (to retire)  :blink:   swords I can work with... I'm thinking these may not be *battle ready* at such a price.

Did they say if these could be functional or are they just to wear for the glory of the piece?  :ph34r:  

I agree. Need more info about the steel used, point of balance, tang width, etc. The price seems to good to figure as a good usable piece. I've had several custom swords made for me over the years and each has run at least $400. Even decent production-line items of high quality carbon steel will cost $200-$300.

Aye!

Indeed, I've several swords from Lundegaard, all custom crafted for m'self alone and they are a dear price. But WORTH the price when you are dueling for real.

Safety first. I want a weapon that won't fly to bits and perhaps(really) kill or injure my partner nor a by stander. :ph34r:

Well, alright... I can think of one or two. Maybe. :ph34r:

Any more info will be appreciated lad. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

To clear things up, I went looking for these to bring the price down to a reasonable range for me and me fellow pirates for a POTC collectible and/or a glory blade. That's as far as my criteria goes on these. The blades are made by Deepeeka as previosly pointed out in the another thread and it is indeed a match to the film sword in a photo comparison. Others here more learned than I can tell ye if they are of battle quality. I personally want "Barbossa's blade" and thats it.

Jack

To clear things up, I went looking for these to bring the price down to a reasonable range for me and me fellow pirates for a POTC collectible and/or a glory blade. That's as far as my criteria goes on these. The blades are made by Deepeeka as previosly pointed out in the another thread and it is indeed a match to the film sword in a photo comparison. Others here more learned than I can tell ye if they are of battle quality. I personally want "Barbossa's blade" and thats it.

Jack

No need to take offence CJS.

They were simply questions from folks that were interested. :blink:

Your time and efforts are appreciated.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

No need to take offence CJS.

They were simply questions from folks that were interested.  :lol:

Your time and efforts are appreciated.

Yup. That's all we needed to know, Sparrow.

Depeeka swords are NOT suitable for clashing into each other at full-strength. But as display, show-and-tell, or mock battles, they would do fine. And that is a good price too. Nice work, Sparrow.

Aye, I hadn't read any other thread on the swords and had no idea they were Deepeeka. Therein lies the answer to all my questions. :lol:

They are nice lookers though Sparrow!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I suggests ye buy one maties. ( namely because I want one and he still has to get three more buyers... think of the children, won't someone think of the children!)

Anyway, aye, they be show pieces, but fine fer faires, an a pretty piece indeed t'be showin' off on yer wall or at a peaceful event.

Bein' unaccustomed t'fightin' round these parts, an' too poor at that, a sword like this'd suit me fine. I've no need t'be crossin' blades with anyone... besides, i got's me a couple o'late 1600's english flintlocks fer just such occasions...

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes."

Ahhhh Morgan... *shakes head* Ah'm ashamed of thee, Ah really am.

What's t' become o't' British Tradition o' personal violence? What abaht 4 centuries of football hooliganism? Can tha not 'ear generations of Brits spinnin' in their graves, wonderin' ow the bloody 'ell we're supposed t'keep our reputation for up close an' personal thuggery?

Hawkyns

:lol::lol::lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

What a fight in the Court Jester! We tried to thieve some of that for a faire and it was an amazing hit. We even added shows.

I was stunned though that no one seemed to know where it came from. They were too young I suppose. Oops! Dating m'self I am!! :P

Vessel with the pestle? :P

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hmmm....

Which one had the brew that was true?

The Flagon with the Dragon maybe? :lol:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I would take one.. unfortunately.. 1. unable to at the moment due to money... 2. I would need one that is battle appropriate.

I still have yet to ask the NWTA weapons officer if this sword is appropriate for me to use. Being as I am a dragoon in Lee's Legion portrayed during 1780-1781.

I'm not able to use the saber I have since it's the heavy Civ war cavalry sword... the 3 banded brass & black leather handle saber that is on the PotC skull & crossed swords logo... even has the tarnish.. bought mine over 2 years ago. :ph34r: .. Anyway.. they won't let me use it since it's not authentic to Rev War. :ph34r:

Was kinda funny when a friend of mine saw it, she nearly keeled over.. took it to a convention in St. Louis, showed a few people & it was nearly stolen about 5 times. :ph34r: Popular sword... eventhough it was used by another character instead of Jack or Hector (Barbossa).

So.. lookin' for an appropriate sword for my portrayal.

Huzzah!

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!