Tortuga Lost!

Redd Oktober

For some o' ye who know about me other hobby...haunted houses...ye may remember me postin' some pictures of the Haunted Forest (in Los Gatos, CA) in the Pyracy Photo Gallery. Sadly, the event suffered from too much politics...and quickly imploded! Truly sad, since the show were 15 years old!

Me crew, well over 20 dedicated salts, still be wantin' to be puttin' on a show...but are now "homeless"...so to speak.

For any o' ye who be located in the California Bay Area, might ye have any suggestions fer landlocked locations (forests, parks, abandoned malls, pirate caves, etc.)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Redd

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Well, there are certainly plenty of parks and forests around, the trick is finding one that wants to host a haunted house, if you're looking to do the organizing yourself.

If you don't mind being a part of one that is already in existence, I'd suggest contacting Karl, Brian and Patty Fields who operate the Pirates of Emerson, a large commercial pirate haunt in Fremont. They are a great bunch to work with, and their haunt is nothing short of amazing- they have a 15 foot tall robotic monster, a spinning vortex tunnel, a lagoon with live fish in it, a 3D maze, numerous live pirates and much more. I've worked with them on several events. Here is Karl's email:

karl@piratesofemerson.com - or - info@piratesofemerson.com

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Hey Quill,

I know Karl and Brian well...their haunt is actually down the street from where I live. They're fun...and I have no problems with them....my crew, on the other hand, have already expressed a keen interest in maintaining their own show.

Those are certainly GREAT suggestions, though.

Thanks.

(You too Royaliste!)

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"