Anti Pirate Prejudice

Story

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2008-...se_N.htm?csp=34

treehousex-topper-medium.jpg

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — The front yard of a house in a tony British Columbia neighborhood is a little less welcoming for pirates now.

Architect Andrew Dewberry and a crew of friends spent Saturday dismantling the pirate ship tree house he's had in his Vancouver yard for two years. He said he had no choice after a court ordered it to be removed for not complying with city bylaws.

Dewberry had to explain the situation to his sons Jack, 9, and Sam, 7, before the tree house came down. He said, "They've had a lot of joy with the tree fort."

Jack, who stood with a friend and watched the dismantling, said, "We wanted to sleep in it over the summer one time, but we didn't get around to it and now we can't."

In July, the judge in the case admired the workmanship of the ship, complete with plastic cannons, in a perch 6{ feet up a large, leafy tree in front of the family's home. But the judge said its merits were irrelevant to whether the tree house violated city bylaws.

Dewberry said the tree house would be auctioned for the Boys and Girls Club of Vancouver. The benefit is set for Oct. 16.

Dances for nickels.

• 2 months later...

Cursed by them King's Men, anyway...scupper the lot of them!

Still, he should have tried bribing them with more money... ("...Gold from laws can take out the sting...")

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2008-...se_N.htm?csp=34

treehousex-topper-medium.jpg

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — The front yard of a house in a tony British Columbia neighborhood is a little less welcoming for pirates now.

Architect Andrew Dewberry and a crew of friends spent Saturday dismantling the pirate ship tree house he's had in his Vancouver yard for two years. He said he had no choice after a court ordered it to be removed for not complying with city bylaws.

Dewberry had to explain the situation to his sons Jack, 9, and Sam, 7, before the tree house came down. He said, "They've had a lot of joy with the tree fort."

Jack, who stood with a friend and watched the dismantling, said, "We wanted to sleep in it over the summer one time, but we didn't get around to it and now we can't."

In July, the judge in the case admired the workmanship of the ship, complete with plastic cannons, in a perch 6{ feet up a large, leafy tree in front of the family's home. But the judge said its merits were irrelevant to whether the tree house violated city bylaws.

Dewberry said the tree house would be auctioned for the Boys and Girls Club of Vancouver. The benefit is set for Oct. 16.

Damn, thats sharp!

*SIGH*

thats a beautie. I had a treehouse about 30 feet up- dangerous as heck to get to. was not as fancy as that one but it was a crows nest, a castle, a redout, heck any old thing i wanted. hope dad makes a new one that is code complaint just to thumb his nose at city council. poor kids.

hm i still like the concept of:

consider them to be more like guidlines

bugger all...feel bad fer the wee ones

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Aaaah! That's just weak. Probably motivated by home values but that's just a guess on my part.

There's the law and then there's the whiners that complain about a stupid law not being enforced. YAAAAAAR! Time to pillage

edit:

I have to admit the post title was misleading. I was hoping to see people who don't like pirates being mistreated. Anti-Pirate Prejudice being prejudice against anti-pirates... which I am =)

Edited by Thequartermaster