St. Augustine Pirate Gathering

King's Pyrate

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder:

It is getting near time to go a pirating with the area's largest pirate event. A three day gathering (November 14, 15, & 16 ) of pirates, buccaneers and scallywags...We welcomed all pyrates be they paper, plastic and authentic, so come dressed in your best pirantical pirattitude and help us celebrate the "Golden Age of Piracy". This year's event will be held at the Fountain of Youth Archeological Park, along scenic Matanzas Bay in Historic Saint Augustine.

Visit the pirate gathering site for more detail.

http://www.pirategathering.com/

manpiratesfight.gif

Aye Joseph , i'm suprised not more crews and able body seamen in the south east US haven't signed on yet . its the oldest town in the US and at the Fountain of Youth . many a great pirate landed on that very spot Sir francis Drake, Captain Robert Searle, Menendez , Ponce DeLeon there is a lot of history here . from the camp you can look out across the bay at the inlet were many ships anchored waiting till darkness for a suprise attack on the town and fort .....

We are a newly formed pirate crew from Daytona Beach. We call ourselves Pirates of Disapearing Island. Stingray and I have attended Pirates in Paradise last year with our crew of misfits as well as Pyrate Con. This year our entire crew will be in St. Augustine and most of us will be at Pirates in Paradise. We're looking forward to seeing everyone. We were going to sail the Hannah B up but because of time constraints (work) we have to us more conventional means. We will be bringing our hand drums and hope to get a drum circle going as well.

Happy Sailing

Flmermaid

FLmermaid

We are a newly formed pirate crew from Daytona Beach. We call ourselves Pirates of Disapearing Island. Stingray and I have attended Pirates in Paradise last year with our crew of misfits as well as Pyrate Con. This year our entire crew will be in St. Augustine and most of us will be at Pirates in Paradise. We're looking forward to seeing everyone. We were going to sail the Hannah B up but because of time constraints (work) we have to us more conventional means. We will be bringing our hand drums and hope to get a drum circle going as well.

Happy Sailing

Flmermaid

I'll Look for you .....and the drums!

Live Long and Plunder Well!

I shall be there, looking forward to it!

It will be good to see you again........I believe we met a couple of years ago when your group came to the old fort in St. Augustine.

pirateflag1.gif

You have a great memory!! Getting close, time to start the count down!

Sheila forever!

Green, it's not a color, it'a obsession!!!

A question about participating in the parade. After extensive efforts to "add to our crew" aka pressing...... there are now 16 that will be attending and wanting to join in the parade. Does anyone know who to contact or where the parade begins? What time we should have our crewe gather and where. The Capt. and I will be there Fri. evening but the others won't sail in until early sat. AM.

Thanks,

FLmermaid

FLmermaid

A question about participating in the parade. After extensive efforts to "add to our crew" aka pressing...... there are now 16 that will be attending and wanting to join in the parade. Does anyone know who to contact or where the parade begins? What time we should have our crewe gather and where. The Capt. and I will be there Fri. evening but the others won't sail in until early sat. AM.

Thanks,

FLmermaid

The Floats are staged at 9 am on Magnolia street then the parade begins at 10 am.

You can download a pdf of the schedule here:

participation

for more information

Event and Organizational Contact

Does anyone know when the camps have to be set up by on Friday? And how late can we set up on Thursday night or how early on Friday morning. Have tent... need setup time. :)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Does anyone know when the camps have to be set up by on Friday? And how late can we set up on Thursday night or how early on Friday morning. Have tent... need setup time. :)

-- Hurricane

The Captain's meeting is at 7 pm so I would think the camps should be set up by them but you can ask

Captain Mayhem at his myspace site.

Thanks for the info. we will send in the form and join the group at 9am.

Hurricane, it wil be nice to finallly meet you and your crew. We are the Daytona pirates who ahve been trying to meet with your crew. Will you be there Fri. night at the mill?

FLmermaid

Thanks for the info. we will send in the form and join the group at 9am.

Hurricane, it wil be nice to finallly meet you and your crew. We are the Daytona pirates who ahve been trying to meet with your crew. Will you be there Fri. night at the mill?

One of us will be. We have to have one of us at the camp at all times so it will either be myself or Diosa. We will have our camp set up end of day Thursday or first of day Friday.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Another question about St. Augustine, are we allowed to have weapons? Capt. Stingray has a replica pistol however, I have a sword. I will have a safety ribbon in place of course but I was wondering if it will be allowed on the streets of St. Augustine during the parade, on Fri. night or at the park?

FLmermaid

Another question about St. Augustine, are we allowed to have weapons? Capt. Stingray has a replica pistol however, I have a sword. I will have a safety ribbon in place of course but I was wondering if it will be allowed on the streets of St. Augustine during the parade, on Fri. night or at the park?

We have swords and a firing doglocks -- I always wear them in St. Augustine, even when our crewe just visits for the day. Never thought to ask. :)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Why a true pirate would be naked with out their weapons...they have encouraged us to wear our arms.