Whydah Rings

Hello folks!

I wanted to let you know that we now have a new product in our line of fine period reenactment, pirate, and nautical goods...

We have reproduced the ring found on the wreckage of the Whydah. The original was gold, but at $900 an ounce, that's not very affordable. So, we had these made in brass. They are accurate copies of the original ring and are available in many common sizes. Please let me know what size you need. I only have a few in stock right now, but I have more coming soon, so if I don't have your size, I'll put you on the backorder list which should only take a couple of weeks.

They are $25 each.

Here is a picture:

100_5227.jpg

And here is a picture of the original ring found on the Whydah wreckage:

WhydahRing.jpg

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

Militia Captain, Merchant Sailor, Tailor, Brewer, Gunrunner and Occassional Pirate...

www.piratesofpaynetown.org

www.taylor-rosehistorical.com

www.ladywashington.org

UPDATE: I currently have one each in a size 6, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, and 12. I will have more sizes in a couple weeks.

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

Militia Captain, Merchant Sailor, Tailor, Brewer, Gunrunner and Occassional Pirate...

www.ladywashington.org

Don't know for certain, but according to the"Real Pirates" exhibit by National Geographic, it may be the name of a British Sailor that deserted to join the pirates.

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

www.ladywashington.org

Don't know for certain, but according to the"Real Pirates" exhibit by National Geographic, it may be the name of a British Sailor that deserted to join the pirates.

There were approximately 145 men aboard the Whydah, including the 8 that were captured. The crewmen were of several nationalities. The name 'Teye' sounds Portuguese, could be Spanish...kind of like 'Reyes'. My guess the ring is either from a crew member or plunder from another ship. Those are your odds of finding the original owner of the ring.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Not sure about the dot after the BA. It looks like it could be either a ding or a period. We decided to leave it out just in case, but it shouldn't be difficult for someone to add that if they think it's appropriate.

Yes, the ring could be plunder. That's the beauty of this piece is that it's open to your own interpretation. You can work it into your personna or simply say you stole it. Or maybe it was a gift from a lover, or a family heirloom. Whatever. It's fun and it gets attention!

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

www.ladywashington.org

'Teye' is actually pronounced 'Tea' - so clearly, this ring belonged to Mr. T himself, aka B.A. Baracas, aka Clubber Lang.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I can do them in gold, but at the current price of gold, they'll be pretty pricey. Silver would be cheaper, but not as cool.

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

www.ladywashington.org

UPDATE: I currently have one each in a size 6, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, and 12. I will have more sizes in a couple weeks.

Size 10 and 12 are sold.

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

www.ladywashington.org

• 8 months later...
if you coated the inside of it with clear nail polish it would keep your finger from turning that brass-ring green

Or you could just tell everyone that th' ring is wearing your pink paint off... then show them the green skin... and smile.... :wacko:

Me.... I'd never mess with a young impressionable child's mind........ :lol:

Or more... have ye considered a person's own initials or persona's initials in this ring. I likes it.. lots. And at that price more than doable. But I've no need nor want of a ring that has "TEYE BA" on it. With my initials or my persona's initials, yeah, I'd ask in a heartbeat to put me on that list.

Lemme know if you will do that in the future. :)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!