Not at all New

And not buying any virtual rounds. <_< (It may just be me, but I think virtual rounds are silly.)

My Misson ID has reached the coveted 1000 posts and the cool skull icon, so in keeping with the ancient tradition that I just made up, Misson gets the double skull and that ID gets retired. Misson is a(n allegedly) French surname, so I chose a French given name that fits my motif. The noted Captain Misson had no given name recorded and since he was fictional, there isn't any given name to research and discover. (I, of course, am not Captain Misson as I've never been able to reconcile myself to such a lofty title that I in no way deserve.) And so on and so forth.

Mission = Caraccioli = Misson = Raphael Misson

Now that's all secret, so don't tell anyone.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

:::Gasp::: <_<

:::pulls out pistols point them at Mission:::: DRINKS!!!!

Deprivin' us pirates of our drinks.. ye should know better!!

only one thousand? Why not go higher?

Tis a strange man ye be... but... We likes ye nonetheless, mate. :lol:

Tis up t' ye to tell. I'm sure we'll all learn of th' secret eventually.

Tattoo an' Dr Pepper please.

~Lady B

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

only one thousand? Why not go higher?

For the skull. I asked someone to freeze my ID at the skull many years ago, but it's nigh impossible with the software, so I just switched user IDs the first time it happened. I wasn't going to tell anyone, but being a mod, that confused people who needed help the first time, so I then realized that I had to explain it. And once you start doing something stupid like that...

The proper response is probably something like "Noted and understood." Or (shrug). Or nothing but <_<

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

Happy to comply..... <_<

And I'm with Lady B...Where are the drinks! Raphael, shmaphael...Ya change yer name, ya pay the price! <_<

I'll have some French bubbly. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Hmmmm, first you start off with a mission, then you travel to another place and get your desserts with caraccioli, then you decide to continue on the mission until you find the angel Raphael and now you decide that you're an angel on a mission? Ooooh plaaaleeeseeeee! I need a drink. <_<

lol.gif

I chose Raphael with great deliberation. It has two meanings. (And that's all I'm gonna say. :( )

Marc Mission.

Marc Mission?

Marcus Mission?

Marc Mission, CPA.

Marc Mission, PhD.

"Oh yeah, and who the Billy Shears are you?"

"Who? Ah, who indeed am I?"

"Jeremy…"

"Hilary…"

"Boob…?"

"Phuddt!"

"Who? "

"Eminent physicist, polyglot cladicist, prize-winning botanist, hard-writing satirist, talented pianist. Good dentist, too! Ha-ha!"

"Lousy poet."

"Critic's voice — take your choice!"

Doctor Marcus Raphael Mission III

Author of Quick and EZ Amputation Using Every-Day Tools Found Shipboard (Amaze Your Friends! Practice on Your Enemies!) and Self-Administration of the Clyster in the Privacy of Your Own Hammock (What happens in the hammock, stays in the hammock. Unfortunately.)

Yes, but it's pronounced Rāf as in Ralph. (Hmm. Extremely obscure, I'll be shocked if most people get that.)

Rafe Mission. Very piratey.

Actually, I never personally liked Marc. The c has the potential to be soft as in Marcel. This is to take nothing away from any reader who might be actually named 'Marc', it's just my own take. Had I been given that name, I probably wouldn't like Mark. I have been reading Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely and his studies have found that once we mentally take possession of something we irrationally prefer it.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Weird. I couldn't see my post until I replied - it never showed a second page.

Yes, but it's pronounced Rāf as in Ralph. (Hmm. Extremely obscure, I'll be shocked if most people get that.)

As in the English actor Ralph Finnes from the English Patient

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

<_<

The very one. I like him, but that was just silly. (Although you gotta' admit...Rafe sound better than Ralf.)

My head hurts....Ill call ye whatever ye want

Just pour man!

ye are an oddly interestin sort...one of many I'll have t' look up at PIP

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I suspect that I read more interesting than I appear. However, you can't miss me - I wear a large Patrick Hand original planter's hat at times.

now is he a pour man, or a poor man??

either way, a mojito for me and my friend, the parrot Flogging Molly. Damn the crackers, bring her rum.

Interesting that you change names and all.. I would but I rather enjoy the Merry Death persona.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

If someone would freeze my Mission ID at, say, 1000 posts, I'd go back to using that. Note that my persona doesn't change, only my user ID.

Funny story (I think I've told this before) - the first forum I got involved on was practically unregulated and it was like being in a anarchical demilitarized zone. So I created several IDs to guard myself. It was basically a way to back myself up..as well as play around. (I created a user that talked like a kid -all run-on sentences- and a really annoying one that spoke nothing but Old English.)

Somewhere in the middle of that, I was invited to an "invitation only" forum based on my posts in the wild forum. It was pretty tightly regulated by the person who started it and they were all amazed when I explained all my different user IDs. They had had no idea I was posting as more than one person. (I have a bit of a creative streak...)

I eventually left those forums and joined another one where I did the same thing - mainly because I had so much fun with it on the last forum. My favorite user ID there was named stupid. I created him so I could be...stupid. (And I was, too.)

I haven't really done that in the last two or three forums, except this weird serial user ID thing I've been doing here.

I had a second id on this forum. Mostly because there were somethings I wanted to say that I didn't feel should be said from a moderator. It was great fun until another user decided I was his ex-wife! So that id has been dormant for quite some time. :rolleyes: