Pike River Event Kenosha

Rats

More like a healthy digestif with flavors redolent of coffee and chocolate.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

;)

How th' devil does belly dancer to the Great Lakes region? Some French Fur Trade purchase or trade for her as she was brought in off some ship? Must have gotten sick of all the Native gals.

No offense, but those belly dancers seem to be EVERYWHERE! ;) So, where be the Man of the Household, his mother and family?

:::shakes head::: Again, no offense to these lasses, but I be rather lost with WHY these dancers who are suppose to be part of a Harem (and folks understanding that term would know they they are NOT for sex purposes only)... where is the historical background and other part of a Harem?

Again, apologies for that rant, just actually bewildered with the large variety of freelance belly dancers about. ;) Especially bewilders me with a Belly Dancer at a Fur Trade Rendezvous.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 4 months later...
Okay ...Captain wants us to be at this event this year if we can. When is it this year?

Original post deleted, because it was just too scatter brained.

The Pike River Rondezvous has been the last weekend in July or the first weekend in August for the last few years... Which means it is close enough or on the same weekend to cause a possible conflict for those considering, Beaufort (if Beaufort happens this year), Pirates in Paynetown, Pennsic (for them that do Pennsic), the Michigan Pirate festival (which I know nothing about outside of it exists and happen around then), and I am sure there are a few more around that time... Late July/Early August is nasty for too many decent events that one must choose between.

Edited by michaelsbagley
Michael_banner.jpg

Yes, Mickey is correct stating that Pike River in Kenosha, WI and Beaufort, NC are conflicting events. They fell on the same weekend in 2008. Chances are, they will do so the same this year....(but need to confirm this).

Per the Captain's request...if you can make Beaufort, NC...please do. It is the event of choice (for several reasons...big ships, location, Blackbeard's Crew to be there...).

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

No they didn't. Pike is usually the weekend before Paynetown and Paynetown fell on the same weekend as Beaufort....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Pike River is the first weekend of August, this year Aug 1-2 2009. The contact person is Ernie Kraak, 262-843-3757. The event is by invitation only and space is at a premium so groups interested in participation would do well to contact early. As usual the Great Lakes River Pirates and Black's Coffeehouse will be present :blink:

Pirates of Paynetown has traditionally been the 2nd weekend of August. The main contact is Nathaniel, he's a member here and may well weight in if he sees this. The event site is http://www.piratesofpaynetown.org/. Again the GLRP & Black's Coffeehouse will be there with bells on.

Looking forward to seeing anyone who can attend either of these fine events.

Chole

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Oops Sorry Captain. I stand corrected. August was (is) a very busy month indeed for events!

Not a problem.... hopefully we will hear dates on Beaufort soon and then we can plan accordingly... and since we have a standing invite for Pike and our space is reserved, as long as that one does not conflict with Beaufort tis not a problem... and if it does, crew members who can't make the trip to Beaufort can certainly attend Pike.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I'm hoping they push the date for Beaufort back a week... Call me greedy, but I would love to have the option of attending all of the above... Although it would be just an option because in all reality I have to admit I know there is no way I could actually attend all three even if they fell on different weekend... :blink:

Michael_banner.jpg

Would be nice though if we all could, wouldn't it? Hopefully by RF5, I'll have some more solid dates... as now there is another one looming on the horizon that will be well worth the effort as well....

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel

I wouldn't miss it!!

Living on the beach for free....C-mon!!

Last year was the very best!!

Did I mention I already managed to get vacation for that weekend? Did Imention I wouldn't miss it!!!

Edited by Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

• 4 weeks later...
I wouldn't miss it!!

Did I mention I already managed to get vacation for that weekend? Did Imention I wouldn't miss it!!!

Cannot wait to see you all again! MY family is already planning this for me! Rosie is all geared up, Blondie is chomping at the bit to be near BIG water again,(she's a California transplant), and the boys are just willing to get out and have fun anywhere there be pyrates! Clayton is near 18 this time around and a good hand to have 'round, and Warren is just happy to be anywhere he can play. We've already set back funds to save just for this trip! Hope they don't ferget to send us the application as I left my info with the head honcho last year. If I don't die before then, we'll see ya there!

Bo & crew.

• 4 months later...

You and yours are more than welcome my friend!!

We'll have a huge group and plan to cut loose!!

I wouldn't miss it!!

Cannot wait to see you all again! MY family is already planning this for me! Rosie is all geared up, Blondie is chomping at the bit to be near BIG water again,(she's a California transplant), and the boys are just willing to get out and have fun anywhere there be pyrates! Clayton is near 18 this time around and a good hand to have 'round, and Warren is just happy to be anywhere he can play. We've already set back funds to save just for this trip! Hope they don't ferget to send us the application as I left my info with the head honcho last year. If I don't die before then, we'll see ya there!

Bo & crew.

sig2.jpg

Sorry to hear it Bo!

Take care and best of luck with your repairs!

We'll raise a tankard to you and yours just the same!

Guess I better let ya know, we have a septic tank caving in, so all our plans are now scuttled. All funds will go to replace this necesary part of our country living. Sorry, but my re-enacting/pyrate days are pretty much finished. Have fun.

Bo

sig2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Dear diary.... I'm tired..an sore...ouch!

Weather was perfect!

Kept getting bit by biting flies....

Buss fired perfect on Sat!!

Buss was finicky on sunday... got beat up by two women with oars during battle.... At least they were pretty girls, so I didn't feel too bad!

Tiger Bill taught my daughter how to fight with a sword.... Got all choaked up.... thanks Billy!!

I am sore and tired...

Got kicked in the ankle during sat's final scenario...cried like a girl....

A certain nurse examined my ankle and foot... made me stop crying like a girl

...until she poked my bruise....cried a little more, but not real girly like before

Held a trial... Mad Dog was set free....Tiger Billy was not so lucky

Before we could hang him, his crew came to save him....Got beat up again only this time by two young boys with sticks....Cried like a girl again, then claimed it was ten big huge pirates...Not sure if the crowd believed me???

Did I mention about the biting flies???

Next year I'm just showing up, swimming and drinking!!

tired sore...ankle, ouch!

sig2.jpg

Crying like a girl??? Why I never.... yeah Ok...maybe a little

Pictures, mate, pictures...maybe a movie clip of you crying like a girl...

sig2.jpg