Pics of your Sweatshops

Dutchman

matusalem posted some pics of a teak hatch he was making (a beauty too i might add). Me being the gearhead I am was looking at the tools and the workshop. Ok lets post em. Pictures or a description of of your sweatshops and what you use to make your pyracy fettish happen. Tools, sewing machines, forges, what have you. I guess I'll have to overcome my figure out how to post a pic fear this weekend.

My place is a real mess right now, as my teak grating photos show in the other post. You can see scraps from flooring in the corner. However, I have built my basement shop *specifically* to make furniture. I am a wood guy, as well as a modelmaker. We industrial designers need places to prototype stuff. My arsenal is as follows:

5X8 worktable with two 4-box power outlets...single most valuable shop thing I own, allows me to make fake pirate shoes, weapons, etc.

two 4X6 workbench, one with a very large vise

floor standing drill press

router & table

Bandsaw

table saw

combo belt & disc sander

air compressor with 20 gallon tank

paint spray gun

fiberglass layup tools &chemicals (...modern boatmaking stuff)

4 ft wood-bending setup using 6-inch dia pvc pipe, a propane camp stove & kettle, though now I discovered the steam has now permantnly kinked my pipes

various hand held tools: 4-inch grinder, sawzall, drills, belt and 4x4 sanders, clamps, etc.

...and a boatload of antique tools acquired from my great grandfather such as these drawknives (a.k.a. spokeshaves)

drawknige1.jpg

though, I may say Islandcutter has one on us all...he has a computerized CNC router table that's like 5 ft by 10ft . B)

SHIP2-1.jpg

oh- a computerized router...... oh

My shop has the usual assortment of hand tools and clamps and the advantage of a lot of tools left over from the boat yard before dad retired.

lots of fiberglassing tools, supplies and molds

two band saws- one 12 inch, the other 20- its a monster from the 40's and run like a champ.

table saw with six foot tables on either side

a drill press

a 14' radial arm saw on a 5 foot arm. Its a horse.

miter saw

router table

air compressor w/ ten gallon tank

and an old iron ponderosa stove to cook on in the winter.

I'm not meaning to cast aspersions on this fine thread idea, but it has been brought up before in the Beyond forum. You may like to check out this thread. B)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg