It be Aztec Gold!

Capt. Morgan

Charlotte, from the film you can certainly see the medallion Elizabeth/Will has is double-sided. At Disneyland a while back, they has an exhibit of the PotC movie after the film came out, and one of the coins was on display in a clear case. I moved around the display and saw that it was indeed double-sided with that same design on the back, and this si straight from Disney. I wish I took a picture.

Also, I was talking with someone who had an original coin from the film and it was also double-sided, so it's not just some random design someone made up. <_<

Captain Wolfy Wench

Hey guys, since I am a propmaster, I bet I can answer the double-sided as opposed to the single-sided question. Probably it was the director's call. I don't know when the Isle scenes were filmed, but I'm sure the director didn't want to see the backside of the coin, especially in the chest. Too confusing for the audience. It would appear that the coins were different. Somewhere during filming, the propmaster switched all the coins to double-sided to correct this. Happens all the time!. When a coin is shown by itself, it doesn't matter. The audience can see both sides when it's spinning, and realize it's the same coin. If you saw 800 coins together in a chest, and especially when Jack's handling them, no matter which way they fell, they'd be heads up! No confusion!

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

I also own an original, both of them and am in the process of having some made up as they will not be offered on the open market or whored on ebay. If there are interested parties in the pub and other private clubs that want them no problem. I having copies made originally for my selfas I wanted a bunch for a chest of gold. Will post info when they are available.

Jack

Capt Jack Sparrow.... is there a photo of your coins posted somewhere?

Hmmmm. I posted afore Halloween that a friend o'mine were offerin' replica Aztec coins fer $10 each (painted) and would discount for orders of 3 or more, but no one were interested.

I guess it were the timin'. Or the fact they was cast in resin.

Still need t'get me some fer me treasure chest. ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be plundering one or two of the coins for myself but don't want to sell the ship to pay for them so price is a priority for me.

I want to use one as a pendant so will need one to have a jump ring.

When the coins are available, please let me know.

~Selestia~

First Wench

Pyrates Of the Eastern Sea

Email - pyratesoftheeasternsea@usa.com

Website - Pyrates Of The Eastern Sea

Pirate Reenactor - Tales Of The Seven Seas

website - Tales Of The Seven Seas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wildest dream come true ~or~ worst nightmare realized....

the choice is NOT yours....

it all depends on which mood I'm in

.... and....

how much rum there is to drink!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want one o' yer coins too, Capt'n Jack. An' I also don't use pay pal or credit cards. If ye have a way to pay usin' snail mail, that'd be good. I figur as oft as me wife curses me, I might as well have a cursed coin. :huh:B)

I think, therefor I am. Or maybe I just think I am.

I have one of the 882 props made by Disney (I know a guy who did some set design & construction for the film) and mine is single sided... you see the single sided a few times (some of the extra selections on the DVD show the single flipping into blackness). Both singles and doubles were made as props, and are seen on screen. I don't know the rhyme or reason for this, but there it is... the design on the back is supposed to be an "Aztec design"... anyone out there know anymore about this phenomenon? I'd be interested ta know meself!

They are right nice, those cursed gold coins. I just want to take :: hand grab motion:: them all! :: Evil grinz

As for the design on the back... it's a similar design on my knife/dagger I have which is from Mexico from an area known as Oaxaca. I'm still trying to find out info on this, it was part of the Aztec empire, the southern territory.

Again, I am also trying to find out info on what the design means. It's not as easy as it seems either.

The gold could be similiar to the reference like what happened to the Inca king... the Incas brought gold in from the various areas of the empire as ransom to release their King. But Pizzarro paniced, thinking this was a diversion for the Incas to build a mighty army.. kill the king & took off with the gold... despite it's unknown what happened to the gold, after it's more than likely they melted it all down.

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I was all set ta buy a coin from Indy Magnoli, however, there's no address, or pay-pal thing on his site. I even sent an email to get the info and never got an answer.

Anyone else got these coins made yet and ready to sell?

Rumba Rue

**When arrrgggghhhhh just isn't enough** ;)