Pirate-themed Charm Bracelet

Hester

Here's a picture of the pirate-themed charm bracelet that I just finished putting together:

charm-bracelet.jpg

All of the charms are sterling silver, except the coins, which are pewter.

The central figures are Captain Hook and the Crocodile. :rolleyes:

The skulls are hand-carved Tibetan beads made from ox bone, and the small black beads are made of onyx.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Thanks, Kate!

Nifty beads, CaptainSatan! I look forward to seeing what you eventually do with them.

BTW, the skull beads I used on my bracelet were ones that I originally wore in braids in my hair for a pirate costume one Hallowe'en. But, that was a lot of work, both to braid them in, and to get them out again.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Way too cool. I love charm bracelets but always have a hard time wearing them cause me wrists are so small.

So where can I get me a bracelet like that? I am positively drooling with delight.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Sweet. :unsure:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Way too cool. I love charm bracelets but always have a hard time wearing them cause me wrists are so small.

So where can I get me a bracelet like that? I am positively drooling with delight.

You could try making you own, Briar Rose! That way, it would fit your small wrist perfectly, and you could choose charms that aren't too heavy.

I collected the charms and the skull beads on eBay. I had the basic idea of how I wanted to make the bracelet, but did not know how to attach the beads. So, I took a short private lesson at the local bead store, where the shop owner showed me the appropriate technique. She also had the sterling silver chain, which she cut to size, and the black onyx beads. So, I completed the bracelet in her shop, using her tools. It was really a fun afternoon!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg