how many times have u watched POTC?

Song is "Nightmusic on the Streets of Madrid" by Bocherini (?sp)

Boccherini: La Musica Nocturna Dell Strade Di Madrid No. 6, Op. 30 (Which is essentially what you said, with all the trimmings added. It's on the soundtrack; they only play a bit of the middle in the movie.)

Curiously, when I was presenting my trepanation tool in Hampton at the Blackbeard event, I'd occasionally ask people if they'd seen M&C - where they do a really good trapanation on the old sailor - and nobody, but nobody, said yes! :rolleyes:

Mission, that tune is actually in two spots on the movie, during the closing scene and also, if you are patient and watch the credits, at the point that the art director is on screen, there is a full orchestra rendition of the piece. ( told ya i watched far too many times).

Whats odd is that the sound track from the movie has yet again two completely different takes then the ones used in the movie.

At Hampton, we played that tune every set, it woulda been fun to do your trepaning spiel during the song.

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Song is "Nightmusic on the Streets of Madrid" by Bocherini (?sp)

Boccherini: La Musica Nocturna Dell Strade Di Madrid No. 6, Op. 30 (Which is essentially what you said, with all the trimmings added. It's on the soundtrack; they only play a bit of the middle in the movie.)

Curiously, when I was presenting my trepanation tool in Hampton at the Blackbeard event, I'd occasionally ask people if they'd seen M&C - where they do a really good trapanation on the old sailor - and nobody, but nobody, said yes! :rolleyes:

Mission, that tune is actually in two spots on the movie, during the closing scene and also, if you are patient and watch the credits, at the point that the art director is on screen, there is a full orchestra rendition of the piece. ( told ya i watched far too many times).

Whats odd is that the sound track from the movie has yet again two completely different takes then the ones used in the movie.

At Hampton, we played that tune every set, it woulda been fun to do your trepaning spiel during the song.

So they're not the same? Oho! (Some soundtrack afficianado I turned out to be!) I actually got hold of the soundtrack specifically for that song! ;) (I liked the characterization of the doctor in that movie. He was very logical and outsider-ish. I am guessing that this is because he was portrayed that way in the books, although for some reason I haven't been able to stick the first one for more than a 100 pages or so.)

I didn't catch your playing of it at Hampton - are you going to be at PiP?

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg