Party like it's 1725

Guest Angus MacVox

Guest Angus MacVox

The Pyracy Pub has been named the Official Internet Discussion Group of the Pirates in Paradise Festival.

To celebrate we've added a fancy new banner on our front page, check it out: https://pyracy.com

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings, Gentlemen (and Ladies, if any have joined in other than myself...okay, maybe that's not the best description, ha, ha). I am new to the Pirates In Paradise Festival. I'm an inlander, but a pirate in me heart!

I don't know where I can wear my garb (as far as places during the festival). I want to wear it all the time, but I do often get strange looks when I go to ye olde Walmart Supercenter dressed as such. But, I likes it! Arrrgh!

P.S. I was also wondering if anyone out there had any information on how much a wedding ceremony would cost at the festival. Any info would be much appreciated. I've got pirate wedding garb, too.

I think I'm obsessed.

Anyway, BLACK FLAG FOREVER!

:ph34r:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

Greetings, Gentlemen (and Ladies, if any have joined in other than myself...okay, maybe that's not the best description, ha, ha).

I don't know where I can wear my garb (as far as places during the festival). I want to wear it all the time, but I do often get strange looks when I go to ye olde Walmart Supercenter dressed as such. But, I likes it! Arrrgh!

Well, I certainly don't claim to a be a lady, be I am a female. And there are several of us female types here on this list.

As for where to wear yer pirate garb, if ya come to Key West for Pirates in Paradise, ya kin wear it anywhere about the island and not feel too out of place, and usually quite in place. We found that pirates are very welcome, and often yer piratical garb will be a free ticket into places that make the commoners pay a cover charge.

Now -- I didn't go into the Walmart (I don't think I've found one there yet), but I did go into the K-Mart dressed in all me saltiest finery. Drew a few double takes, but I can handle that.

I've even seen the pirates riding the small scooter motorbikes about the town in their garb.

Blackheartedly yrs,

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

I twould feel more out of place in civvies than in pirate togs down there. Been there several times outside of the festival and even a lone pirate and his wench have been welcomed, totally out of place and time. Frankly, I'd wear my pirate clothes every day if I could - oh, I can... Hhmm! :huh:

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be goin' to PIP for the first time. Any suggestions? B.B. :huh:

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

And by suggestions, I mean, what's the best stuff to do?

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.