The Pirate's House Restaurant

Lady Alyx

It's a fun place to go but the food is so-so. There is more fun along the river front to be had. We ended up spending a lot more time there than at the restaurant when we were doing a pirate gig there in March.

And if you want history, there are two forts just down the way, the wonderful Savannah cemetary (of Garden of Good and Evil fame) and some nifty plantations to visit.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

..yes I read many reviews that said the same that you did about the food, I guess it is more the appeal of the place. One reviewer mentioned they have peeps dressed up in POTC characters as hosts....must be a big hit with little privateers..eh?

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Aye, I have been there many times, and my personal experience with the place has always been nothing less than fantastic. The atmosphere is wonderful, and the food is great (at least it was in my own humble opinion). At times, they do indeed have a person dressed in pirate garb to entertain the children. I particularly enjoy the entrances to the secret tunnels in the place. All in all, I would have to say the Pirate's House is one of my all time favorite places...I would gladly be their spokesman and help promote it if I could. ;)

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)