Sterling Faire GONE???????

Captain Tito

<_< Aye lads and lasses! Doth anyone out there know that status of the Sterling Renaissance Faire in Sterling, NY.

A bloak came to me place this past weekend and did mention that said Faire, which woth sold to folks with great expectations fer its future, woth sold yet again, and thereby disbanded from existance (in otherwords to someone who bought the land JUST FER THE LAND, AND GOT RID O'THE FAIRE!!)

Can thar be anyone who can confirm that, either true or false?? <_<

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

well, I did a google search for it and it has a running date of July 12, 2008 through August 17, 2008.

So, it looks as though it is still on for this year.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

of course, you might just give them a call and see if the rumour is true or not. Got the contact information from their website.

If you would like to write us, please write to:

Sterling Renaissance Festival

15385 Farden Road

Sterling, NY 13156

Please use the form* below to Contact the

Sterling Renaissance Festival or call us at 800.879.4446

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I didn't hear about another sale but I did look up their website and saw they do have dates for this year. I also looked up some of the previous entertainers and noticed one that makes me sad. The Empty Hats will only be performing one weekend ONLY, August 2nd - 3rd. <_<

However, Pirate weekend is July 26 - 27, so most likely we will be attending on the 26th. Maybe if I'm a good girl, my darling hubby will take me on the following weekend as well. I would hate to miss the Empty Hats.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Captain Tito,

If this be true...it would be easy for find out. County records should have the 'latest' Deed of Sale on the books. All you need to know if the physical address and the county it is in. Then once you find the Deed...you can find out the latest date of purchase from it. I am assuming that if it is sometime this year, then the rumors be true.

This is all public information. All you need to do it go down to the county court house (Oswego is where it would be located) and look it up.

I am sure someone in the court office can direct you to the proper records section.

If the rumors be true, I feel a little sadness in my heart...this was the faire that I worked at for 8 years. The faire the got me 'hooked' into Reenacting. The faire, which I compare to others, as the true Jewel of Ren Faire next to Scarbourgh (the Mecca for Rennies).

Say it ain't so, Tito...say it ain't so!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• 2 months later...

Well thank ye all goodness that the rumor bestowed unto me back in the early spring was NOT true!!

Sterling is alive and well for another year!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

If anyone goes to the Pirate weekend, please post about it, as I would like to know if it is worth checking out some year. I heard afterward that last year's was a bit of a disappointment for some pirates who attended, but since it was there first go at such a weekend, perhapse try #2 will be better (as so many things go).

Let us hear all about it!! :ph34r:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

• 2 weeks later...

I always have a good time at the faire so I might not be the best judge of whether it was better than last year or not. Since we dressed as pirates, we did get "arrested" and were forced to sing as puishment, lol. I think they got what they deserved :)

One of the best changes they made was that you can now carry and buy weapons. We didn't know about that before so we didn't bring ours but we know for next year.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/